Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDeathspell Omega...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deathspell Omega...
    Posted: December 29 2008 at 02:03
Ok, I've suggested them before but the fact that Deathspell Omega isn't here is the biggest downfall of this entire website. They are a very progressive and one of the best Black Metal bands in history. They DO NOT have a myspace nor do they have a website. Just listen to everything from Si Monumentum Requires Circumspace until Chaining the Katechon. Reasons for why they should be included: They include many chanting and choral arrangements in their work (listen to Carnal Malefactor), they are the only band (that I've ever heard) to create the intensity of chaos that they do, in the topic of their chaos most of the arrangements go way over your head for first five or so listens, they do play blastbeats but they are in unusual times and triplets and such, they use classical clips often in their work, most of their songs are 10 min + including three songs that are over 20 mins long, each album/song (if it's a stand alone song) they have ever made sound extremely unique from each other and progress, they don't have any purely soft songs but there are softer "post-ish" parts in their songs, all of their songs are very dynamic and flow through many odd and different time signitures, in their latest release: Chaining the Katechon they incorporated some clean vocals over their chaotic structures, in the song Diabolus Absconditus they feature a very long acoustic part, their lyrics are very thoughtfull and have conceptual meaning, and many many more reasons... Their early work is generic black metal doo doo so don't base your choices on that.

Their discography (bolded are the progressive releases):

Disciples of the Ultimate Void     (Demo, 1999)   
Infernal Battles     (Full-length, 2000)       
Clandestine Blaze / Deathspell Omega     (Split, 2001)   
Sob A Lua Do Bode / Demoniac Vengeance     (Split, 2001)   
Mütiilation / Deathspell Omega     (Split, 2002)    
Inquisitors of Satan     (Full-length, 2002)       
Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice     (Full-length, 2004)     
From the Entrails to the Dirt     (Split, 2005)   
Kénôse     (EP, 2005)      
Crushing the Holy Trinity (Father)     (Split, 2005)      
Fas - Ite, Maledicti, in Ignem Aeternum     (Full-length, 2007)

Manifestations 2000-2001     (Best of/Compilation, 2008)   
Manifestations 2002    ( Best of/Compilation, 2008)
Veritas Diaboli Manet in Aeternum     (Split, 2008)
Plankowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2008 at 02:36
I only have

Fas - Ite, Maledicti, in Ignem Aeternum     (Full-length, 2007)

as of now... They haven't been rejected and currently are in the discuss category.. So, when Jody comes back I'll discuss it with him and the rest of the PMT.
Petrovsk Mizinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2008 at 02:41
Alrighty, cool.
*Harry needs an album*
UMUR View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2008 at 08:47
I´ve been listening to Deathspell Omega too and wondered if they shoudn´t be in PA. Very interesting band. I´ve mostly listened to Kénôse   (EP, 2005) but from what I´ve heard/ picked up from other people there are other releases from the band which are more progressive. It´s probably one of those bands where you need to listen to full albums to fully understand which kind of band they are. PM me Harry if you need some sound. I haven´t heard enough myself to really have an opinion other than that they are an interesting band that might fit here.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2008 at 10:29
Message sent.
Jake Kobrin View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2008 at 14:50
DSΩ is really an incredible band. Fas is in probably my top 5-10 of favorite albums ever. 
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2008 at 13:57
You can hear little previews here, listen to all of them!

Fas : http://www.theomegaorder.com/s.nl;jsessionid=0a0109441f43469db477730f4a88a7efb5af90dc7ced.e3eTaxmKbNaNe34Pa38Ta38Nc3j0?it=A&id=16713

&

Chaining the Katechon (NOT enough to determine it's progressiveness) : http://www.theomegaorder.com/s.nl/it.A/id.23016/.f

Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2009 at 21:40
Any updates?

Some other black metal bands that are not here and progressive are Peste Noire, Code, and Alcest.

Peste Noire has no myspace sorry. Check out the album La Sanie des sičcles - Panégyrique de la dégénérescence.  They're certainly progressive though. There are many clean acoustic parts, church choir parts, and use of organs.

Alcest is a Shoegaze/Black Metal fusion band. I think that's pretty progressive. Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/alcestmusic

Code is just progressive Black Metal. They use both clean and dirty vocals among other progressive things. Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/codeblackmetal

Jake.

p.s. Peste Noire and DSΩ would both be pretty pissed about being plugged on the internet. hahaha Why the Neo-Luddite additude? I have no idea...

Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2009 at 21:49
I've been giving them a listen, and I think they might be a yes.
If they are a yes, the bio is going to be done by me, but of course, if you choose to, you can volunteer to do it, and I'll pass it on to the appropriate channels and it will get added that way.
If you don't get credited with the band addition, at the very least, I'll make sure your name appears below the bio itself, so you at least get credit for that.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2009 at 21:51
Cool! A Deathspell Omega Bio is pretty pointless as there is no known information about the band other than that they are signed to Norma Eva Diaboli and what they have released. They are rumored to be from France but honestly no one knows. The band members are only rumored as well. 
UMUR View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2009 at 02:26
You can write a bio from this maybe? But for your own sake wait until they are cleared. There´s nothing worse than wasting your time writing a bio if the band is not cleared in the end.

And yes they are French.

Post Reply Post Reply