Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Interviews
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Greg Massi (Baliset, motW, Kayo Dot) - March 2009
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGreg Massi (Baliset, motW, Kayo Dot) - March 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2009 at 08:29
Jake,

I completely agree with you. I actually have made three songs streaming at myspace and thesixtyone and have been looking into other sites but have been a bit wigged out at their terms.

also i signed up for a website which sends out a digital press kit to various sources for internet radio play and reviews but so far that hasn't really yielded much.

I also have been focusing my efforts mostly on the progrock side of things and gave out digital copies to different  internet prog stations.

i don't do this out of stubborness but more because i am not sure what other venues to start posting at other than what i know which is the prog side of things.

i am doing research on more just regular alt rock or metal websites to post info on but so far i have been overwhelmed.

As for the label, i agree that a label's distro power and resources would definitely be a plus but part of me is really trying to keep this on my own imprint and see where i can go. Not to mention the labels i ahve spoken to have all pretty much agreed that the one thing holding them back from signing or investing in me is lack of momentum.

So i am hoping that if the first 1000 cds can be sold in a reasonable amoutn of time and i can show some "growth potential" it might make us look better.

but if i am doing ok on my own and we are reaching my ultimate goal of having a self-sustaining label then i may not be interested in signing away potential profit to another person. =)
gregbaliset View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2009 at 08:30
also i will be experimenting on last.fm tonight. someone set up a Balise page for me and i updated it with current information but the songs that are floating around there now are from the demo a few years ago and i need to figure out how to get the proper songs up there.

i don't want people judging me on a demo when the actual cd is much much better. =)
gregbaliset View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2009 at 08:44
also my big plan for the weekend (since i have the house to myself during the days) is doing promo and writing so if you know fo any good url's please feel free to e-mail them to me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12