Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Pictures at an Exhibition - the photography thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures at an Exhibition - the photography thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 93>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2015 at 13:44
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

I love it when people I'm photographing say to me "I don't take good pictures" to which I usually reply " Then it a good thing I'm the one taking the picture". Helps put people at ease.

I love the confidence... just don't ever take a picture of Raff or I... we would ruin the reputation.. and confidence of any great photographer LOLHeart

wonderful pictures by the way...  very talented eye you have.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2015 at 13:48

Edited by JD - July 05 2015 at 13:58
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2015 at 13:57

Edited by JD - July 05 2015 at 13:57
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2015 at 13:59

Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2015 at 13:59
These are gorgeousHeart!
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2015 at 14:20
Thanks, I find it weird that many of the pictures I like, most people are indifferent to and the ones most people like I usually am..meh about. It tells me that I'm not a very good editor of my own work.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2015 at 14:22

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2015 at 14:26

Thanks, I find it weird that many of the pictures I like, most people are indifferent to and the ones most people like I usually am..meh about. It tells me that I'm not a very good editor of my own work.

people here JD?  Friends, fellow hobbiests? or do you do anything professional or amateur with your pictures? 
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2015 at 14:34
No, people in general. When I show my portfolio i take notice of which shots they move quickly awat from and which ones they ooohh and aww over.

Right or wrong, I made a conscious decision when I was very young not to pursue photography as a career. I was afraid if I had to do it to make a living I'd end up hating it. I had done a number of weddings already and knew that, for the most part, that's where the money was. I wanted to enjoy my art with no pressure. I don't really regret it. I publish a calendar each year that I give to family and friends. For a while when I owned a commercial printing business I used to market the calendar to my clients for them to give to their customers with their logos on.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2015 at 14:34
A few from my "Green" series

Edited by JD - July 05 2015 at 14:35
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2015 at 14:39
good man.. smart man!  I don't chime in much here.. but I have really enjoyed your pictures!

Let me ask you question based on that post earler.. ever were forced to tell someone to not smile when taking a picture of them LOL  I often joke, but wonder if part of my self esteem issues (all ALL of camera fear) arise from my mother telling me every single year come school picture time NOT to smile. I took horrible pictures.. still do by my own harsh standards LOL

seriously though. .ever had to do that..to get a good picture. 
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2015 at 14:46
Sure, but it was dependant on the mood I was after. For example, Boudoir photography. If the model is smiling it looks too much like a boyfriend might have taken the picture during an encounter Wink , but if you can get them to be a little more mysterious it is much more erotic.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2015 at 14:50
ahh..  thanks man! Thumbs Up
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2015 at 15:06
No problem, sorry I couldn't share some examples of what I mean.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2015 at 15:14

No problem, sorry I couldn't share some examples of what I mean.

oh no.. no problem .. it was probably best asked of a shrink than a photographer LOLLOLWink
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2015 at 15:21
Nah, other than schools the only other photographers who tell you not to smile are the passport guys. They want every traveller to look like they just came off a 10 hour flight from Düsseldorf. Even my drivers license has me smiling.
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2015 at 16:15

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2015 at 16:17

JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2015 at 16:20
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2015 at 16:42

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 93>