Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Pictures at an Exhibition - the photography thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures at an Exhibition - the photography thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 90919293>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2017 at 16:12
Death Star Apple

Thank you for supporting independently produced music
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2017 at 06:01
So I headed into TO yesterday to pick up a few new lenses. As I left town, I sat on the Gardiner Expwy for about 40 minutes as it creeped westward though the city. Unlike most, I love it when Expwy's slow to a dull crawl. Not always mind you, but at least occasionally. It allows for shots that are otherwise hard to get due to the speed of traffic and ability to stop your vehicle. So here's a shot that popped out at me.

timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2017 at 09:13
                                            Sandhill Cranes

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2017 at 09:26
                                             Crane Dance

Sheavy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2017 at 16:12
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

This looks like a fun time to me!
Sheavy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2017 at 16:21
Some shots from a vacant building in downtown Birmingham, me and some pals were able to secure permission to shoot. Nicknamed the dead bird tower because of the amount of dead pigeons on the 9th floor...

Untitled by Alex, on Flickr

From one big vacant building to another, welcome to Bham, mini Detroit....

*Dead birds warning*

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2017 at 18:42
Seattle is just a little town
Sheavy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2017 at 22:11
Anyone else here shoot with film cameras / have any pics taken with film to share?

I've got multiple cameras that take 35mm, most of them are simple point and shoots, but I do have a Minolta Hi-Matic 7s rangefinder camera. I've got multiple polaroid cameras, 600 and SX-70's, and also a couple of old Diana cameras that take 120mm film. Haven't scanned anything from the rangefinder or the polaroids unfortunately. I can only share some point and shoot 35 and 120.

Some shots from my Minolta Freedom Zoom P&S, I forget what film exactly I was using, something cheap that came from the drugstore, probably some Kodak 400 or Fujifilm 400.

Some shots from my two Diana cameras. I love the Diana, It has a terrible plastic lens, problems with light leaks, centering problems, an image circle barely covering the film plane, and frequent film advance problems. And it's great. Film is Fujifilm 400 and Ilford B&W.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2017 at 08:04
To all Mothers
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2017 at 10:43
Remembering my Mom today.

Edited by JD - May 14 2017 at 10:44
Queen By-Tor View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Queen By-Tor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2017 at 13:27
your mom looks pretty rad Thumbs Up
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2017 at 13:45
^Top notch in every way. I miss her and dad greatly.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2017 at 14:27
You touched my heart JD, with your beautiful homage to your mom.

Thank you for remembering me to cherish having my folks still around (both in their 80's and incredibly healthy and witty, thank God)
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2017 at 15:54
Thanks. Most kids take after one parent or another. In my case, since I was adopted at 4 weeks old, mine wasn't so much based on DNA as personality. I have my mom's business sense and kickassery. I have my dad's compassion and technical abilities. It's a balance that has served me well over my years.

So just to break your heart a little, she and my dad were married for about 67 years. He passed away in May of 2009 (92yr. old). Mom passed away on Feb 14, 2010 (85 yr. old) at around 1am. After 67 years together she just couldn't be away from him for even one valentines day.

Anyway, cherish away brother, you'll be so glad you did.

Edited by JD - May 14 2017 at 16:00
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2017 at 16:04
The happy couple, Then and Then Later.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2017 at 23:52
^very nice

Greys0n View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greys0n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2017 at 08:12
I was in  Washington D.C. las week. Booked tickets on https://lowcost.club/ , packed clothing, a photocamera. Very beautiful city. I made a few photos in Shenandoah National Park (just 75 miles from the bustle of the city). Here is my favorite photo.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2017 at 10:31
Blue Ridges.....nice
Eetu Pellonpaa View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eetu Pellonpaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2017 at 06:15
Originally posted by Sheavy Sheavy wrote:

Anyone else here shoot with film cameras / have any pics taken with film to share?

Been rescanning and editing my old film photos, and feel motivated to continue if the camera still works.
Here's few takes from Taormina:

JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2017 at 18:19
I've also been on a scanning frenzy lately.
Here's some from the late 70's early 80's.
Nikon FM mostly on Kodachrome 64 slide film.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 90919293>