Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Pictures at an Exhibition - the photography thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures at an Exhibition - the photography thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 93>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cailyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2015 at 18:52
I have to say the quality of the photography in this thread is fabulous!
http://www.cailynmusic.com
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2015 at 19:39
Aptly named forum !

Thank you for supporting independently produced music
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2015 at 19:47

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2015 at 19:58

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2015 at 20:12

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2015 at 20:14
The Rogue River in Oregon
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2015 at 20:18
Tim, didn't know you shot that Cat Stevens album coverWink

http://covers1.img-themusic-world.info/000/17/17285.jpg

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2015 at 20:33
Close, I wonder if it is the Rogue

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2015 at 08:36
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

A wonderful couple days hiking on the north shore of lake Superior.  Saw some fungi the size of dinner plates, but it was this little guy who made me think.....Queue "The Rain Song"

Pictured Rocks NP? I love that placeHeart
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2015 at 09:39
I was on the MN side of the lake, but same thing.  Just amazing isn't it.  I could spend my remaining years just vacationing along the US/Canadian border country between Washington and Maine, and all states in between....and never run out of jaw dropping hiking. 

I've done MN's boundary waters, Glacier, and MI upper peninsula.  I still want to do Washington state, Idaho, the North Dakota badlands (i love open space that looks like the moon lol), Acadia, Nova Scotia, the Berkshires.  I have to hurry.  Not sure how many more years my knees and feet will put up with my hiking habits!LOL 

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2015 at 09:44
LOLClap amen to that Jim!
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2015 at 10:06
It was funny, at the tail end of one of our hikes this week we came across a 20 something hippie-ish kid with a monster back pack.  He said he was doing a couple weeks out there alone.  He was sitting by this bridge smoking a cig.  He had already hiked twice as far as us that day.  While we were exhausted, he said he still planned 6 more miles before camp.  We talked for a few mintutes and I told him, "hey man, enjoy your 20s. The way you feel right now, the things your body will let you get away with, enjoy every minute of it. I miss it."  He smiled and said, "thanks, I intend to."   We wished him well and let him finish his smoke in peace.   

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2015 at 10:16
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

It was funny, at the tail end of one of our hikes this week we came across a 20 something hippie-ish kid with a monster back pack.  He said he was doing a couple weeks out there alone.  He was sitting by this bridge smoking a cig.  He had already hiked twice as far as us that day.  While we were exhausted, he said he still planned 6 more miles before camp.  We talked for a few mintutes and I told him, "hey man, enjoy your 20s. The way you feel right now, the things your body will let you get away with, enjoy every minute of it. I miss it."  He smiled and said, "thanks, I intend to."   We wished him well and let him finish his smoke in peace.   

awesome!!! Clap  Yeah Jim, while my body has held up against all the abuse I've heeped upon it.. I do miss being young. More I miss the feeling of immortality...  the feeling one will be young forever.. I swear to God these days I feel old more than do young and that is extremely disconcerting as I do have a very physical and demanding job. It keeps me strong, fit and in shape but I do wonder how much more I have left in the tank.  As much as I'd hate to be caged into an office job..  I am not getting any younger. One of the guys in the shop ..sh*t.. he well past 50 but large and stout but moves like he has 4 broken limbs.  Wear and tear. Enjoy the youth while you have it!  Well said Jim! Clap
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2015 at 10:19
^Good advice. While you are young get out and see the natural world because if you wait until you are old you will only see it from an overlook. The Washington/Idaho Canadian border is some of the wildest land left in the 48 states. One of my favorites is the Selway-Bitterroot Wilderness in Central Idaho.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2015 at 10:28
Outrageous photos Tim. Really nice to look at on a Saturday morning. Smile
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2015 at 10:32
^^Yep.  While we were carefully negotiating this one descent full of loose rocks, trying to make sure we didn't fall or twist an ankle, another young dude passed us and literally floated down these rocks, just glancing off the top of them, also carrying the huge backpack.  He just blew past us.  We both had a good laugh over how much we've slowed down.  But we can still hike for 10 hours and have a great time.  We just need a good bed at the end of the day....and a stiff drink.

Edited by Finnforest - September 19 2015 at 10:33

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2015 at 10:36
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Outrageous photos Tim. Really nice to look at on a Saturday morning. Smile

Thanks Steve
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2015 at 10:39
Seen at a rest area in Oregon near the Rogue River
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2015 at 11:19
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2015 at 11:19
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 93>