FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKadenzza

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kadenzza
    Posted: April 07 2009 at 20:24
Kadenzza is a one man band from Japan that plays Symphonic black metal/ Avant garde metal/ Extreme metal. I am not completely sure if anyone has plans to put this guy on the site or not but I have not seen any info on him yet. He is pretty good though, have a listen.

http://www.last.fm/search?m=all&q=kadenzza
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2009 at 11:05
I'm listening to myspace: http://www.myspace.com/kadenzza
http://www.kadenzza.com
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=15280

R Review of one of his albums:
http://www.metalstorm.ee/pub/review.php?review_id=2302

When I noticed titles like "Ghost in the Shell" and 'Mononoke" I'd wondered if he was a soundtrack composer (I'm a fan of director Mamoru Oshii).  I haven't researched to know if he's more than a fan of the movies or manga.

I"ll mention it the the metal team, though while having symhonic avant extreme metal (and power metal) qualities, it doesn't strile me as that prog, but haven't listened to that much yet.

Just a fanboy passin' through.
Petrovsk Mizinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2009 at 11:18
Err, this band has been on the Progressive Metal Team charts for a really long time (I mean, months and months). This thread doesn't need to be continued. If the band gets added, it gets added, that's all there is to it.
If the OP can write up a bio for us, even cooler, makes it easier.

Edited by Petrovsk Mizinski - April 10 2009 at 11:19
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2009 at 11:49
I'm sorry for not having checked your charts. I did a search and did not find another thread dedicated to it.  I wouldn't expect Kojurama to know of your chart, and especially as he is quite a new member, I thought it would be good to encourage his further involvement by responding to his post.  Like he said, "I am not completely sure if anyone has plans to put this guy on the site or not but I have not seen any info on him yet. He is pretty good though, have a listen" so perhaps further discussion in an "appreciation" or "musical discovery" way is fair.

Side note: I always have treated suggestion threads as more than just places for teams to take note of suggestions, but as places for members to discover music and to discuss music.  Perhaps, since the project has been approved already, this thread could be moved to another forum since it seems clear to me that part of the OP's intention was to expose the music to people here.  Perhaps this thread could be moved to another forum since the project was approved before and this could be treated as an appreciation/ discovery thread rather than a suggestion thread.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Plankowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2009 at 23:44
They have been cleared for addition and I have "Into The Oriental Phantasma" and it's excellent...  Really excited by the Japanese Prog Metal scene lately...  good stuff.  I'm in the M's for additions so I suspect it won't be too long till I get to the K's Tongue

Thanks Cameron, Logan..Thumbs Up

Edited by Plankowner - April 10 2009 at 23:46
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2009 at 02:49
Moved to general music disucssions to facilitate further discussion about the artist.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2009 at 08:21
Originally posted by Easy Livin Easy Livin wrote:

Moved to general music disucssions to facilitate further discussion about the artist.

why there... first it was a band under eval... now the band was cleared for addition here.  Should it be moved to 'prog band and appreciation' and all that jazz.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
 Post Reply Post Reply