Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2009 at 14:03
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

Originally posted by fil karada fil karada wrote:

Well I cant really complain. I just went to a festival in my country where I paid 70 euros to see 12 bands, including Focus and PFM

I don't know how much 70 Euros is but I am feeling extremely jealous. TongueLOL

This is what Google says:

1 Euro = 1.3644 U.S. dollars

http://www.google.com/search?q=euro+dollar&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

So, 70 euros mean about 95 dollars. Fair deal!
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2009 at 14:11
I'm seeing Dream Theater in first row in July 24.... And the price was NOT reasonable at all... But the differences between major acts and our prog actsare evident: with Metallica, after just a  few hours good tickets were no longer available through damn Ticketmaster.... with DT, they were available for a good while... and curiously, again, in Live Nation, a Ticketmaster company...

Does somebody knows the basics of why in the US every damn stupid concert ticket has to be sold through ticketmaster? Isn't this a monopoly of some sort? The fees that they charge just to print the damn tikcet are revolting...
fusionfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2009 at 13:54
Prices appear to be really unfair in various countries.That should change.For me prices are affordable,it's just the fact I have to drive since my local artists suck most of the time.Anyway,18 euros to see Damo Suzuki for 18 euros and Magma for 20 are good deals! 
I was born in the land of Mahavishnu,not so far from Kobaia.I'm looking for the world

of searchers with the help from

crimson king
Vibrationbaby View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2009 at 16:42
If could post photos i`d post some of my ticket stubs which date back to Oct.`77. Got one for Marillion`s Sript For A Jester`s Tear tour at the Spectrum in Montréal July 31, 1983. $12.50 if I remember correctly. Part of this show  appears on the Reel to Real album. It was general admission and I remember waiting in line from about 10:00 AM in scorching heat to get front row tables for the 9 o`clock show. They just tore the place down last year and as far as I`m concerned was the best place in Montréal to see a concert. Saw countless bands there over the years from Motorhead to Crimson including the shows that were recorded for Absent Lovers.

Kind of funny that now that I have more money than I did back then that I`m reluctant to spend $$$ for a couple of hours of entertainment. This GG Three Friends thing is coming to Montréal but to ask over a hundred bucks for it is not only highqway robbery it`s an insulting to the fans and ruins the spirit of the music. But I`m sure there are people out there who will fork out a week`s worth of grocery money this "auspicious" event. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123