FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKurt Cobain Journals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2005 at 19:01

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I want to begin with this topic because I like Cobain so much... Well I think most of people discovered Nirvana when they were teenagers, and that's very important because this kind of music can help you in a way... Cobain had much rage inside of him, he seemed to be so close from teenagers who feeled safe thanks to him... It's not like GOD you know, and I agree when you say it's stupid to consider someone as a legend because he died young etc... But I think some artist do something of pure and important in society, like Lennon or Morrison, and Cobain did it too.

That's all, nice forum... :)

Say miaow as you would say f**k
Jim Garten View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin & Razor Guru

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2005 at 03:28
Lennon, Morrison.....Cobain?

Sorry, Nina, can't agree, there!

Welcome to the forums anyway

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012
Nina View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2005 at 13:16
why? Maybe Lennonn Morisson and Cobain did were not alike, but I think there is a commun thing between them; throught their art, people felt free.
Intruder View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2005 at 07:55

Not to take away from the legacy of Mr. Cobain, but I think he did more for the rise of heroin abuse in the US and Europe than any figure in pop music....before the 90s, you had to be really hardcore to use smack....needles and the like....but with the high grade sh*t coming out of Afghanistan after the Russian war and the rise of A grade heroin production in Columbia, snorting heroin become an easy way to get off and get hooked REALLY quickly.  So, kids saw Kurt the cool guy junkie and emulated their hero without the ugly reality of needles.....the fashion industry, too, played its part.....hell, I guess it's a bit harsh to pin such a tag on poor ol' Kurt.....I was never really into his music, but the Unplugged in NY CD was a real gem.

I like to feel the suspense when you're certain you know I am there.....
Manunkind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2005 at 10:40
Originally posted by Laurent Laurent wrote:

Hello all. I've been lurking on this website for a long time, but finally decided to log on and post when I read the following comment.

Originally posted by Peter Peter wrote:

Suicide is a supremely violent, hateful, cowardly act, which deeply and permanently hurts those who love the victim. A brave, intelligent adult knows when to seek help. Men stay to face and fight their problems, deal with reality, and try to improve their lot -- boys just run away.

Cobain was obviously deeply troubled and sick, and lacked the strength of character to fight his demons -- why is he then a hero?

Dear Peter.

I am not a Nirvana, or Kurt Cobain fan. Far from it. But I do know a thing or 2 about clinical depression. It is absolutely crippling, at it's worst. It literally takes away your desire to even function in life and perform daily activities. How do I know this?, because I've been there, and so has a lot of other people. Attitudes like yours make me absolutely sick to my stomach. Unless you've been there yourself, you can not know the depths of hopelessness it causes, you cease to think in a rational manner, like a mentally healthy human being would. You start to think that maybe your loved ones would be better off if you were no longer around, because they wouldn't have to be burdened with constantly worrying about you anymore. This is a topic I take very personally. To say what you just said is to spit in my face. PLease be more considerate other peoples feelings.

Cobain may not have been a hero. But he was no coward either, he was simply somebody who had reached a point where he felt he had no hope, and he's not the only one. Unless one knows how that feels, one really has no right to judge, IMO.

Hi Laurent

Been there and still go there and to other equally dark places sometimes, so please accept my best wishes of health, peace and happiness . 

"In war there is no time to teach or learn Zen. Carry a strong stick. Bash your attackers." - Zen Master Ikkyu Sojun
Arsillus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2005 at 00:09

Nirvana? Nope.

Emotion can't make up for (an extreme) lack of skill in this case.

parrymason View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2005 at 10:36
I sometimes listen to Nirvana, I have only about 5 songs, they make me depressed, I listen to them when I feel depressed, their music is depressive.

Nina View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 19:01

Not to take away from the legacy of Mr. Cobain, but I think he did more for the rise of heroin abuse in the US and Europe than any figure in pop music....before the 90s, you had to be really hardcore to use smack....needles and the like....but with the high grade sh*t coming out of Afghanistan after the Russian war and the rise of A grade heroin production in Columbia, snorting heroin become an easy way to get off and get hooked REALLY quickly.  So, kids saw Kurt the cool guy junkie and emulated their hero without the ugly reality of needles.....the fashion industry, too, played its part.....hell, I guess it's a bit harsh to pin such a tag on poor ol' Kurt.....I was never really into his music, but the Unplugged in NY CD was a real gem.

cobain was depressed to see teenagers take drugs because of him. People are naive, reality is there, he wouldn't kill himself if drugs were soooo goooood...

Intruder View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2005 at 00:55

I'll bet Cobain was depressed to see the copycat junkies....he wasn't a dumb, insensitive guy.  The rock media....esp. magazines like Uncut from the UK...demand their pop/rock stars to have rough edges to better promote their product.  The record companies would rather see an artists dead after six or seven LPs.....the post-mortem sales skyrocket!

I think Kurt was a depressed guy....a SERIOUS and often unrecognizable disease, but that's beside the point.  Kids are impressionable and tend to ape the behavior of their heroes.  Kurt was a poster boy for heroin use whether he liked it or not!

I like to feel the suspense when you're certain you know I am there.....
The Miracle View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2005 at 21:43

Originally posted by Crimson Prince Crimson Prince wrote:

I have read them and am a bit frightened. He seemed to be a pretty angry guy. Does anyone here like Nirvana and the music of Kurt Cobain?

Yeah, he's one angry, psycho, dimented drug addict. Nirvana sucks imo

Valarius View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2005 at 19:44

Nirvana and Kurt Cobain never appealed to me.

I thought the whole "We didn't wanna be famous (so we carried on writing hit songs)" thing was pretty lame.

Each to his own I guess. We all have personal tastes.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12