Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedShould number of reviews be capped ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2009 at 10:09
I just scanned down the thread and get the initial point and have brought this issue up many times before. I fully agree there is a point where too many reviews for a single album becomes redundant. Just for funBig smile I`ve reviewed some classics just to see what I would come up with.

I have well opver 4,500 albums  that I`ve accumulated over the years and nowadays I`m reluctant to even review an album that has been reviewed 25 times or more here not to mention the whole bloody internet. Last week I decided to review a Larry Coryell album and Mahavishnu Project album that had never been reviewed and I said to myself that this is  the policy I`m going to stick with in the near future at least.

One thing I`ve never understood is the number of members on the site who have fancy titles who have so few reviews and there are some who are just members that  have reviews numbering in the hundreds.

So here I go with another Larry Coryell review.Big smile

Edited by Vibrationbaby - May 19 2009 at 10:59
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2009 at 10:15
I occasionally go back to stuff that's been over reviewed that I know really well just to offer some personal reflections.  I still prefer to promote stuff that isn't getting enough attention.  And I love to get in the first review. Big smile
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2009 at 11:46
Originally posted by Vibrationbaby Vibrationbaby wrote:

... I have well opver 4,500 albums  that I`ve accumulated over the years and nowadays I`m reluctant to even review an album that has been reviewed 25 times or more here not to mention the whole bloody internet. Last week I decided to review a Larry Coryell album and Mahavishnu Project album that had never been reviewed and I said to myself that this is  the policy I`m going to stick with in the near future at least. ... 

You probably have a lot more musical knowledge and experience to allow you to do a better review than most reviews that are tushykissers ...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12