Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Man or Woman?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMan or Woman?

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Poll Question: Are you male or female?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
13 [10.83%]
107 [89.17%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Message
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer
Avatar

Joined: June 02 2005
Location: Germany
Status: Offline
Points: 6683
Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2005 at 09:55

Originally posted by abyssyinfinity abyssyinfinity wrote:

Simply, for women music is a way for dancing or better moving the ass ; do you know danceable prog?

I know lots of very danceable prog; in fact I think almost all prog can be danced to, as long as it has some rhythm at least, be it how complicated it may be. We have even danced to extreme music without any rhythm.


BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
Back to Top
Borealis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member


Joined: May 06 2005
Location: Neutral Zone
Status: Offline
Points: 599
Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2005 at 10:11

I think most girl are very influenced by the media and all (especially in big cities), and listening to prog isn't 'cool', and it need some research these days. It's easier to do like everybody and listen to the sh*t on MTV. There's also a lot of boys like that, they are only in metal and PUNK, but there's more girl like that.

Originally posted by Starette Starette wrote:

It's weird..I learnt about Progressive Rock (that is to say Allll about it!) from a man who appears more effeminate than most other men I've met in my lifetime and I get all my Prog music from him too. He insists that Prog rock is definitely a guy-thing....then why oh why dies it appear so girly to me?? Is it because it's arty? Where I come from- the Arts Subjects seem to appeal more to the girls than the majority men who do more 'practical' things. in fact, most of the men I've met are . Pardon the apparant feminism but believe me- it's non-extistant. I mean to say that most of the men I've met don't understand classical music, they don't care for the arts, for plays, books etc... But when I met this guy he kinda flipped the tables on my view point. Life is filled with wonderful surprises.

Then I have another friend of mine who's a girl. She reckons Prog Rock is only 'girly' because it is lacking in girls.  Maybe, focusing on the sex-orientated sphere, Prog Rock IS a masculine thing. I admit I'm in love with it, and I have bi-sexual tendancies. And Bald jean is lesbian..this has to mean something!

Or maybe it's just the fact there are so many long-haired men in prog Rock bands- which turns me on . On second thoughts.....maybe not.  Music= the main part.

 

I've always thought that prog rock was art, as with jazz, classical and post rock. So not everybody will like it naturally. I herd somewhere the boys are very 'pratical' or very 'artistic', but rarely both. They're more extreme, as girl got a little of both. So boys hates prog, or love it. Girls seem to not care much.

I must says I am a very artistic person, and I'm far from being effeminate

The fact there isn't much girl in prog rock bands might be one reason. My sister only likes bands with a girl who sing, but then again, she doesn't likes Renaissance... And that would bring another question, why there's not much girl in prog bands? Endless debate...

 

Vive le Québec libre!...
Back to Top
Borealis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member


Joined: May 06 2005
Location: Neutral Zone
Status: Offline
Points: 599
Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2005 at 10:13
Originally posted by BaldFriede BaldFriede wrote:

Originally posted by abyssyinfinity abyssyinfinity wrote:

Simply, for women music is a way for dancing or better moving the ass ; do you know danceable prog?

I know lots of very danceable prog; in fact I think almost all prog can be danced to, as long as it has some rhythm at least, be it how complicated it may be. We have even danced to extreme music without any rhythm.

I like to dance while listening to Can, but I need to be pretty stoned though...

Vive le Québec libre!...
Back to Top
FloydWright View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer


Joined: January 20 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 369
Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2005 at 10:13
Hey, do be careful with what you say about metal there...it DOES have its prog side, whether you like listening to it or not.
Back to Top
Borealis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member


Joined: May 06 2005
Location: Neutral Zone
Status: Offline
Points: 599
Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2005 at 10:24

Well, I meant the metal there's on TV; slipknot, system of a down, etc... (I don't know other, I avoid those kind of things...). There is also a tons of Metallica and Iron Maiden, but I got the feel they all listen to it to like everybody else.

By the way, I hate metal

Vive le Québec libre!...
Back to Top
Zargus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: May 08 2005
Location: Sweden
Status: Offline
Points: 3441
Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2005 at 12:00
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

One of the best things about being female at a live prog concert is i never have to wait in line for the ladies room!!

I have a lot of friends who are female and love ELP... and now I see that valravennz is female and I know she likes ELP... so I guess ELP is the prog band for the ladies...

Well besides being so wonderfully talented... all three are absolutely gorgeous!!! 


 yeah that wait in line for the ladies room is a distinct advantage of being in the minority at a concert - particularly these days. Not so, back in the 70's, when there were many more female fans of the genre at live concerts

However, ELP is indeed a favourite of the ladies, this one in particular too ... and they are gorgeous...love that photo ...Hugely admire their talent as musicians - Cheers Linda

I am a woman, but I'm also a lesbian . Perhaps that's why I like prog. So those guys up there don't do anything for me . But somewhere I saw a hot pic of Sonja Kristina; now that's more to my liking.

I am a 20 years old male, and for what i know i am not very gay, but i have to say that picture of ELP realy makes me hot, they all look fantastic, and especialy Lake and Palmer they are so f**king sexy!

They are definitly the best looking prog band ever.

Back to Top
BaldJean View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: May 28 2005
Location: Germany
Status: Offline
Points: 5952
Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2005 at 14:39
Originally posted by Zargus Zargus wrote:

Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

One of the best things about being female at a live prog concert is i never have to wait in line for the ladies room!!

I have a lot of friends who are female and love ELP... and now I see that valravennz is female and I know she likes ELP... so I guess ELP is the prog band for the ladies...

Well besides being so wonderfully talented... all three are absolutely gorgeous!!! 


 yeah that wait in line for the ladies room is a distinct advantage of being in the minority at a concert - particularly these days. Not so, back in the 70's, when there were many more female fans of the genre at live concerts

However, ELP is indeed a favourite of the ladies, this one in particular too ... and they are gorgeous...love that photo ...Hugely admire their talent as musicians - Cheers Linda

I am a woman, but I'm also a lesbian . Perhaps that's why I like prog. So those guys up there don't do anything for me . But somewhere I saw a hot pic of Sonja Kristina; now that's more to my liking.

I am a 20 years old male, and for what i know i am not very gay, but i have to say that picture of ELP realy makes me hot, they all look fantastic, and especialy Lake and Palmer they are so f**king sexy!

They are definitly the best looking prog band ever.


Somehow the quotes in one of my statements must have got in disorder, because I never said that, I only replied to it

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival.
Back to Top
TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Avatar
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Joined: May 23 2005
Location: Baltimore,Md US
Status: Offline
Points: 27703
Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2005 at 17:20
Male

Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.109 seconds.