Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Proto-Prog and Prog-Related Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Future of Queen?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2009 at 16:02
No Freddie no Queen IMO.

Iván

ColonelClaypool View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2009 at 04:13
They should call it a day, like they should have 18 years ago (jeez, has it been that long already since Freddie died?).
With magic, you can turn a frog into a prince.
With science, you can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with.
Jozef View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2009 at 22:11
I just think they should call it quits or at least call their project by another name. They remind me of the The Who's situation right now, with only two original remaining members.

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2009 at 13:48
Hi,

(corrected since it was indeed the incorrect Brian May ... my sincere apologies ... )

I really did not think that Paul Rodgers was a good choice ...

Surprisingly enough, the one man that did participate in the Freddie Mercury tribute and sang things beautifully ... is either not being offered the job, or simply ... can not handle the pressure of having to sing other stuff ... some of which I would think he might feel makes sense, but it probably doesn't. His name is George Michael.

Brian May, I don't think will have to play Queen stuff ever again if he doesn't feel like it ... between the stars and any other work he does, you know that this is a intelligent and capable person and musician. And while he made a bundle with Queen, he really has no need to relive it and honor Freddy again ... they already honored him quite well and if you have not seen the Behind The Music memento, you missed it.

Edited by moshkito - June 30 2009 at 13:39
June View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2009 at 14:03
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

Brian May, I don't think will have to play Queen stuff ever again if he doesn't feel like it ... between the stars or at least one magnificent soundtrack (The Road Warrior), you know that this is someone that is quite intelligent and capable as a person and musician. And while he made a bundle with Queen, he really has no need to relive it and honor Freddy again ... they already honored him quite well and if you have not seen the Behind The Music memento, you missed it.

That's not the same Brian May, the Mad Max guy is some Aussie composer (and he died in the late 90s or something).

Brian May from Queen did the Furia soundtrack though, which is a thing of beauty, so I agree with you anyway.

luger7 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2009 at 14:56
Amen to that. I really enjoy Brian's solo works, H e has the queen flavor in blood(Taylor as solo, well,  don't) and I think they must front the band but as MAY & TAYLOR or something else and let rest the Queen name... at least if Deacon doesn't come back or don´t look for another vocalist... if they do the america idol thing... I set fire on myself to protest....Dead
Viva .MX cabrones!
June View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2009 at 19:48
Originally posted by luger7 luger7 wrote:

Amen to that. I really enjoy Brian's solo works, H e has the queen flavor in blood(Taylor as solo, well,  don't) and I think they must front the band but as MAY & TAYLOR or something else and let rest the Queen name... at least if Deacon doesn't come back or don´t look for another vocalist... if they do the america idol thing... I set fire on myself to protest....Dead

Make that a party for two, I'll be right there with you. LOL
The Doctor View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2009 at 15:56
Originally posted by June June wrote:

Originally posted by luger7 luger7 wrote:

Make that a party for two, I'll be right there with you. LOL
Not sure if I will find self-immolation necessary even if they do the american idol thing.  But errrrr...I'll light a candle for your sacrifice.  LOL
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2009 at 13:41
Originally posted by June June wrote:

That's not the same Brian May, the Mad Max guy is some Aussie composer (and he died in the late 90s or something).

Brian May from Queen did the Furia soundtrack though, which is a thing of beauty, so I agree with you anyway.

I corrected the posting ... thx so much for that information ... and this other Brian May is also a dandy ... check out his list of films in the Internet Movie Database!
markosherrera View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2009 at 15:12
Queen with Adam Lambert will sounds like a good band of covers
Hi progmaniacs of all the world
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12