Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBattles

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2010 at 03:32
Originally posted by James James wrote:

I've also heard Tyondai Braxton's debut album.  I don't think it was quite as good as Mirrored.  I hope his future releases are of a great quality though.

I heard a slice of it on the radio back when it was released and it didn't grab me for some reason. Must give it a proper chance at some point...

Originally posted by James James wrote:

It's sad to hear about their split but in many ways, it may mean Tyondai creates some fantastic solo records.

Am I correct in my presumptions that Battles are continuing, just without Tyondai?  I may have misread that message.

The implication in that message seems to be that Battles are intending to carry on without Tyondai. Mind you, they've got their work cut out in finding a replacement, so how likely a continuation is I wouldn't like to say. My main hope is that they will at least complete work on the new album and get that out to the fans.
thechrisl View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2010 at 21:10
Originally posted by rdtprog rdtprog wrote:

Battles Mirrored, Great drumming, unusual Clap

Yes, love them long time!  Remember Helmet from back in the day?  Same drummer.

Rainbow is a great song.  It's what it would sound like if Philip Glass and Scott Bradley (MGM cartoon composer) got together in some alternate universe with, um, the drummer from Helmet...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123