Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBattles

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2009 at 09:37
I've listened to them, I've reviewed Mirrored, I even had to evaluate them for Art Rock. Now that Math Rock is fully-fledged, they're spot is entitled.

I basically don't like Battles (or Mirrored). Just a few good songs, headlined by Atlas, otherwise it's a bit too erratic and musically unrefined. Not to be understand that I except something masterliness from an indie-type of ensemble and vision, nevertheless they simply didn't impress me at all, they're totally on the bad side of energetic and unusual.

Edited by Ricochet - July 02 2009 at 13:52
The Hemulen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2009 at 08:06
These chaps completely passed me by when "Mirrored" was released in 2007, but I picked up a copy a few days ago for the very reasonable price of £5 and was pretty much blown away. I've not heard anything so tight, knotty and effortlessly flamboyant (whilst still remaining more or less accessible to yer average punter) since I discovered Gentle Giant!

I'm now wondering what other delights I've missed out on in the last 2 or 3 years whilst I was busy poncing about at art college...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123