Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Oceansize New Live 4xCD 3xDVD Boxset -Feed To Feed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOceansize New Live 4xCD 3xDVD Boxset -Feed To Feed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
progmetalhead View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oceansize New Live 4xCD 3xDVD Boxset -Feed To Feed
    Posted: July 12 2009 at 15:30
Awesome news from MS!

Here's the official blurb on our forthcoming LIVE 4xCD/3xDVD boxset, 'Feed To Feed':

Here is a record of 3 shows Oceansize played last year to celebrate our tenth anniversary of existence in this star spangled business. 

In the illustrious surroundings of Manchester's pokey but precious Roadhouse (where we rocked the foundations many years before our mild and sluggish ascent into not-even-D-list infamy), we performed our three albums live, not to mention a bunch of b-sides and the quite-f**king-long-in-itself-actually 'Music For Nurses' EP. We played virtually every song we've ever written. So that kind of makes it nearly four albums worth, really. 

The Roadhouse gigs were the best in our history ('IMHO' as they say on the internet). Sure we've played to much bigger audiences, of literally TENS more, but the Roadhouse, for those nights, was ram-jammed full of rabid, enthused, passionate and downright bespectacled Oceansize fans from all over the world. One chap even chose to piss himself rather than walk 10 paces to the toilet and lose his place at the front of the crowd. That's the level of dedication we inspire. 

And so here it is. The inevitable DVD/CD boxset. Clocking in at about 9 hours (!), the whole spine-tingling, throat shredding, bowel loosing thrill of it all is captured here forever. Every bum note. Every forgotten lyric. That bit where i missed a cue cos i forgot where my f**king volume control was. That massive bead of sweat that lingers on the end of Steve's nose for minutes on end. The unflattering camera angles (all 5 of them). Every f**king Oceansize album to date performed LIVE. In your home. 

Next, I plan to remove all the mirrors from my house. On completion of this epic project I never ever wish to see my own face again. Enjoy it, for f**ks sake.”- Mike Vennart

Full DVD tracklisting as follows:

Thursday 16th October 2008:
1 – I Am The Morning
2 – Catalyst
3 – One Day All This Could Be Yours
4 – Massive Bereavement
5 – Rinsed
6 – You Wish
7 – Remember Where You Are
8 – Amputee
9 – Unravel
10 – Women Who Love Men Who Love Drugs
11 – Saturday Morning Breakfast Show
12 – Long Forgotten
Encores:
Paper Champion
One Out of None

Friday 17th October 2008:
1 – The Charm Offensive
2 – Heaven Alive
3 – A Homage to a Shame
4 – Meredith
5 – Music for a Nurse
6 – New Pin
7 – No Tomorrow
8 – Mine Host
9 – You Can’t Keep a Bad Man Down
10 – Ornament/The Last Wrongs
Encores:
Drag the 'nal
Dead Dogs an' all sorts
As the smoke clears

Saturday 18th October 2008:

1 – Commemorative _ _ _ _ t-shirt
2 – Unfamiliar
3 – Trail of Fire
4 – Savant
5 – Only Twin
6 – An Old Friend of the Christy’s
7 – Sleeping Dogs and Dead Lions
8 – The Frame
Encores:
Voorhees
I Haven't Been the Claw for Ages

The audio cds of the boxset will be split as above – but with all encores (over the three nights) compiled separately on a fourth cd.

YOU can pre-order your copy of this utter indulgence at THESE stores -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Feed-4CD-3DVD-Oceansize/dp/B00292SQIK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1247419052&sr=8-1

OR

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/10150943/-/Product.html?searchstring=oceansize+feed+to+feed&searchsource=0

OR IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE AMERICANS -

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7945700&style=movie

Technical shizzle - it's PAL, region free. The DVD's audio are in 5.1, regardless of what the f**king listing says, and despite the numerous and all too f**king frequent attempts at it's correction. t**ts.

These are already selling priddy well so get yer skates on; there's only 5000 of the buggers.

In other news, Kong (which features Mr Heron and Mr Hodson, who are very definitely NOT 'ex-members' of Oceansize, ye news reporters of drownedinsound.com) have their debut LP out tomorrow, for all you devotees of tuneless mentalism. Entitled 'Snake Magnet', it's worth if it if only for the f**king CLASSIC DVD included free with it. I can say this cos i'm not in the band (thank f**k): - BUY IT, IT'S ACE.
http://www.last.fm/user/colt2112

Colt - Admin Team MMA

Post Reply Post Reply