Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Proto-Prog and Prog-Related Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWho's the brain behind The Beatles?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Poll Question: Who is the mastermind?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
18 [26.87%]
6 [8.96%]
7 [10.45%]
22 [32.84%]
14 [20.90%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2009 at 20:26
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

Edited by The Quiet One - September 07 2009 at 20:28
manofmystery View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2009 at 20:31
hey, you boys play nice, this is a forum after all
not everyone can believe the beatles were true visionaries or that the earth revolves around the sun, or that the moon exists

Time always wins.
santiagomo87 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2009 at 20:32
Adorno or not, Abbey Road is one of the best albums ever made. Back on topin I have not voted because I think it is all four of them except RingoWink
Santiago
Sacred 22 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2009 at 20:43
Equality 7-2521 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2009 at 20:53
Originally posted by Sacred 22 Sacred 22 wrote:

None of the above listed. Theodor W. Adorno was the brains behind the 'Beatles' as he held the rights to the music and eventually his estate sold those rights to Michael Jackson.

Adorno a classical musician wrote their music and it was all filtered down through Paul who could not read a note of music by the way. In fact the only half way real musician in the band was George Harrison. John was a poet who could strum a few chords and Ringo a hack drummer at best. George often wondered why they never wanted to use his songs. Oh and as an aside, Paul ended up being Knighted, and you don't get Knighted unless you have done as you were told and made your masters proud.

The Beatles were introduced to the public as a means to spread youth culture which led to the spreading of the 'New Age' culture and this was all geared to setting up a nylistic culture that is all to present today. It's called divide and conquer but this gets into a whole different 'Pandora's Box' if you will. Things are not what they seem.

What's the best part of this conspiracy? How stupid it is? How you expect us to reject everything obvious and accept your story without a shred of proof offered? Or is it how you act like a conspiracy like this, if true would be something highly devious and destructive?
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
Scoppioingola View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2009 at 20:59
http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/picard-facepalm.jpg
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2009 at 21:01
Originally posted by Sacred 22 Sacred 22 wrote:

None of the above listed. Theodor W. Adorno was the brains behind the 'Beatles' as he held the rights to the music and eventually his estate sold those rights to Michael Jackson.

Adorno a classical musician wrote their music and it was all filtered down through Paul who could not read a note of music by the way.

y'know you might have had an interesting point about society if it weren't for  your opener.  I mean, why ruin a perfectly stupid conspiracy theory with bizarre nonsense that even a child could see through.  If you want to sell it other people, you have to find the legitimacy in your ideas, even if they're completely absurd.

I've been a conspiracy buff for years but this just ruins it for all us hard-working paranoids out there.  Theodor Adorno - a brilliant thinker who was attacked equally and viscously by both the Left and Right - died in 1969 after several years of heart problems.  Here's a lovely quote by one James Whitehead from his page on this particular theory --

"In this hall of mirrors, lack of evidence is certain proof of a cover-up. As for Adorno, his essays were written mainly at the time when pop music meant Glenn Miller. To have leaped from Schoenberg pupil to writer of 'Love Me Do' was clearly an artistic conversion somewhat more Damascene than Kurt Weill's journey from Busoni pupil to composer of 'September Song'. Probably the most fruitful area for the rock journalist who wishes to distinguish him or herself would be an investigation into what our Theo was up to in middle-life, or "The Lost Bing Years" as we lounge-lizards like to call them.
"

Either get a grip or present some compelling evidence.  You of course realize the notion that this man actually wrote the Beatles' music is so far outside the realm of probability - nay, possibility - that it collapses under its own weight.

Edited by Atavachron - September 07 2009 at 21:03
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2009 at 21:05
BTW the answer is George Martin, followed by John Lennon

clarke2001 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2009 at 21:22
Pete Best!

The band wouldn't be the same without his departure...
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2009 at 22:01
Who is the mastermind? Bill Berends , off course
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
King Crimson776 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2009 at 00:00
Steven Wilson, ov coarse. He went back in time and knocked up four English women who gave birth to the Beatles... actually only three. Ringo was just the drummer they hired. :P

All of this is obviously true if you use common sense, you all just think it's a conspiracy theory because you are all sheep, like the ones described in the song Sheep by Pink Floyd.

Edited by King Crimson776 - September 08 2009 at 00:08
Progosopher View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2009 at 00:49
It was really Lenin and McCarthy - they had a lot more in common than most of realize.  Shocked
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"
Sacred 22 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2009 at 00:49
Here is a quote from John Lennon in his 1980 Playboy magazine interview, which can easily be found on the net. Incidently, talking about so called 'tin foil heads', both he and Yoko would qualify when you consider some of what they said in the interview regarding LSD, society, woman and children. However, that is another story. I really get the feeling that Lennon was really holding back from telling the real story about the Beatles in this interview and his constant bashing of the band is odd to say the least. He was killed shortly after the interview. Anyway, here is the quote:

LENNON: Ringo was a star in his own right in Liverpool before we even met. He was a professional drummer who sang and performed and had Ringo Star-time and he was in one of the top groups in Britain but especially in Liverpool before we even had a drummer. So Ringo's talent would have come out one way or the other as something or other. I don't know what he would have ended up as, but whatever that spark is in Ringo that we all know but can't put our finger on -- whether it is acting, drumming or singing I don't know -- there is something in him that is projectable and he would have surfaced with or without the Beatles. Ringo is a damn good drummer. He is not technically good, but I think Ringo's drumming is underrated the same way Paul's bass playing is underrated. Paul was one of the most innovative bass players ever. And half the stuff that is going on now is directly ripped off from his Beatles period. He is an egomaniac about everything else about himself, but his bass playing he was always a bit coy about. I think Paul and Ringo stand up with any of the rock musicians. Not technically great -- none of us are technical musicians. None of us could read music. None of us can write it. But as pure musicians, as inspired humans to make the noise, they are as good as anybody.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2009 at 01:15
 LOL  oh dear..  your point is what?  Lennon does little "bashing" and much praising of the band as musicians in that interview.  You seem to have a misunderstanding of how music is made and then professionally produced to emerge as real songs.  The tapes of the Beatles rehearsing in 68/69 clearly reveal a band who were quite imperfect and only after much reworking and good post-production did the music reach their standard.  No secret composers or sinister nu-age machinations.

But really, why do I bother?  Must be the debunker in me.  Carry on.

Sacred 22 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2009 at 01:31
When you look at bands like ELP or Yes and other bands of their ilk you notice a kind of professional edge to them and with the Beatles I see a kind of overly handled band much like the Monkees complete with cheesy movies and even a Yellow Submarine. Come on, really???

Sacred 22 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2009 at 01:37

A little introspective from Frank Zappa.

The Runaway View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2009 at 01:55
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

LOL  oh dear..  your point is what?  Lennon does little "bashing" and much praising of the band as musicians in that interview.  You seem to have a misunderstanding of how music is made and then professionally produced to emerge as real songs.  The tapes of the Beatles rehearsing in 68/69 clearly reveal a band who were quite imperfect and only after much reworking and good post-production did the music reach their standard.  No secret composers or sinister nu-age machinations.

But really, why do I bother?  Must be the debunker in me.  Carry on.

I only know of 1 person who has the whole Get Back tapes, and 30 hours of the whole 100 are arguments and conversations, I mean damn, George even left the studio for 2 days!
Trendsetter win!

The search for nonexistent perfection.
The Runaway View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2009 at 01:55
Originally posted by King Crimson776 King Crimson776 wrote:

Steven Wilson, ov coarse. He went back in time and knocked up four English women who gave birth to the Beatles... actually only three. Ringo was just the drummer they hired. :P

All of this is obviously true if you use common sense, you all just think it's a conspiracy theory because you are all sheep, like the ones described in the song Sheep by Pink Floyd.
Steven Wilson doesn't drink, smoke, and is only attracted to Israeli females.
Trendsetter win!

The search for nonexistent perfection.
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2009 at 02:42

None of the fab four can be called "the brain behind the Beatles" properly. So I give George my vote to give him a time with John and Ringo. And with the name of Pete Best already mentioned, I'd like to add Stu Sutcliffe to the list as well.

SentimentalMercenary View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2009 at 08:56

I've got to side with Sacred 22. I do not think he has that much explaining to do to support his case. On the other hand, those who still think that the Beatles were 'geniuses' still have a missing link to account for.

Step A : Four musically illiterate amateurs undertake to form a band.
Step B : (     )
Step C : Produce musical masterpieces after another?

Had this happened here and there throughout the history of music, I could think differently and accept that there might not need to be a Step B. Until then, I remain a conspiracy theorist too! SmileCensored
Those who promise us paradise on earth never produced anything but a hell.

- Karl Popper
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>