FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPorcupine Tree - Seattle Show

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Porcupine Tree - Seattle Show
    Posted: September 16 2009 at 18:57
I was fortunate enough to get great seats for last nights opening night of the Porcupine Tree Tour in support of the newly released cd "The Incident." The Moore Theater was a great venue choice for just such a concert.

I witnessed the first ever live presentation of CD 1 of The Incident and was not disappointed in the least, what an amazing start to a great concert. I am not intimately familiar with the cd as of yet but am very much looking forward to building on last nights experience in enjoying this exceptional piece of music.

Porcupine Tree are in fine form and fans attending this tours show will be very happy indeed. Gavin does incredible work with the customary effortless delivery and Porcupine Tree as a whole are tighter than ever, if that is possible. 2nd set began with The Start of Something Beautiful which made my night. Lazarus and Russia on Ice were very nice surprises, demonstrations of such melody, power, elegance and finesse was an experience.

I drove down from Canada to see this show, as I did for the FOABP Tour. I wish Porcupine Tree would come to Canada but until that happens, I will continue to cruise the I5 to attend future concerts. I saw Isis in Vancouver in June, flew to Kingston and Toronto in August to see TOOL, Govt Mule last friday in Seattle, now Porcupine Tree and then Puscifer in Vancouver  in November. A little bit of effort but not a bad stretch of concerts.

keepin'the'faith

bob

Plankowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2009 at 21:05
Thank you very much for sharing this.. Flying to Boston to see them and have been very curious about their opening show of the tour!
Conor Fynes View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2009 at 23:24
I went to this show as well! I was front row on the first balcony. It was... beautiful.
progkidjoel View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2009 at 01:44
Sounds great - I really hope you enjoyed it!

I'm hoping they come back to Australia sometime soon, as I (regrettably and unfortunately) discovered them about a month after they played their last show here.

-Joel [\
one_mad_dog View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2009 at 14:22
I am off to see them tonight in San Fran. Cant wait. I hopr they do Russia on Ice for us too!!!
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2009 at 15:19
We're going to see them one week from today in Baltimore. Neither Micky nor I can be said to be fans, but we do acknowledge their importance for the modern prog scene - though I am looking much more forward to the Mars Volta gig on Oct 11.
St.Cleve Chronicle View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2009 at 07:42
I'm going to see them a week and a half from today at Helsinki Ice hall. Really looking forward to it, it's my first big rock concert.
 Post Reply Post Reply