FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMatt Loveridge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Matt Loveridge
    Posted: September 24 2009 at 10:33

Hi there, this is a big concept album, not entirely sure about the genre of prog rock to put it into but I'll say my main influence was Neal Morse when it was written (4 years ago). I recorded it this summer myself after graduating from uni, I'm playing all of the instruments (to the best of my ability) and I produced it all. The title is Overworking Minds and you can find it by going to www.reverbnation.com and searching for Matt Loveridge, I should come up as being from Taunton, UK. the music is all there in mp3s for streaming and free download (though they've been put in a weird order so follow my numbers).

I have no idea whatsoever about what to do with this massive thing I've made so feedback, questions and advice of any kind would be brilliant, I hope someone out there likes it. I'm happy to get aiffs out there somehow if anyone knows a good place to host them.

Cheers,
Matt

Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2009 at 10:55
this link may be easier to follow: http://www.reverbnation.com/mattloveridge
What?
Maj View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2009 at 12:28
Ah, nicely done sir - For some reason that link was playing havoc earlier, must have been sorted out
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2009 at 17:28

First reaction: ... Clap  I'm impressed with the music - brimming with fresh ideas while making knowing references back to "old-skool" prog (I detected Genesis and Yes influences in there, then maybe that's a result of the Neal Morse influence), well played and arranged, nice interplay between instruments, (for example I love the brief call and response type thing going on between piano and synth "Business As Usual"), and the loud/soft dynamics work really well and don't suffer from the contrived feel that often happens when that technique is over used.

My only reservation is the vocals, but only because they're not my cup of tea, though your voice as a nice "Canterbury" feel to it at times and the multi-part harmonies (especially on Leap of Faith) are very well done. 

What?
Maj View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2009 at 18:38
Ah the Genesis influence was very much first hand, I was big big into the Gabriel-era stuff when I wrote this. To be perfectly honest the vocals aren't my cup of tea either but it's nice to sing my own music, until I get any better options that is, thanks for the thoughts
Maj View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2010 at 14:41
http://www.reverbnation.com/mattloveridge

New and better stuff is up there now, new tracks coming out every week until Mid-February.

The first track is Balance - once again feedback would be great, hope you enjoy
Maj View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2010 at 09:57
Album 2 is now done, featuring a big old 22 minute epic at the end. Properly chuffed with most of it, I'd be even more so if you'd care to listen and criticise. Ta folks
 Post Reply Post Reply