Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGAZPACHO: Persian melody

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: GAZPACHO: Persian melody
    Posted: September 29 2009 at 03:45

You find everything about GAZPACHO in this site.But one thing miss about NIGHT. 2 songs in this album is very special for me. " dream of  stone " and  "massive illusion". You know i am from iran. i know most of persian melodys. Trust me. in the end part of those songs violon and piano generate duet in persian folk style. First time i listen NIGHT i cant believe what i listen. this is very very similar to songs i listen from past to now in iran. This duet make me cry. I dont listen this persian folk from other bands. thank you GAZPACHO.

Mr ProgFreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2009 at 12:30
^ I always heard a certain influence on Gazpacho's later albums that I called "Middle-Eastern" ... I didn't know that they used Persian folklore. Have a listen to their new album Tick Tock, too ... they continue the influence on that one.Smile
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2009 at 13:53
Originally posted by Mr ProgFreak Mr ProgFreak wrote:

^ I always heard a certain influence on Gazpacho's later albums that I called "Middle-Eastern" ... I didn't know that they used Persian folklore. Have a listen to their new album Tick Tock, too ... they continue the influence on that one.Smile

1- Please dont say " MIDDLE-EASTERN" . middle east  area have very different culture and folklore. Iran have oldest civilization and culture in this area. After islam attack to my country , iranian people save their culture and folklor. But in the west, many people think iran like arab and iranian people similar to arab people. This is a very big mistake. In many of prog bands you can see iranian folk(persian folk) elements.
2- i have Tick Tock and every time i listen to it i enjoy.
3- Thank you for your answer.
 Post Reply Post Reply