Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2009 at 15:42
Originally posted by mrcozdude mrcozdude wrote:

Originally posted by Vompatti Vompatti wrote:

I think Robert Fripp is a very attractive man, but if he forbid me to look at his pictures, I would gladly obey.

Does it not annoy you that he takes away all pictures,videos & audio away?KC are going to become virtually completely un-accessible to any upcoming music fan (not that their music style is accessible anyway LOL).I suppose people will just illegally download it if their really curious and I can't say I blame them.

I think he has the right to do it, and it doesn't annoy me at all. People who are interested in hearing King Crimson will probably want to get some of their albums anyway, and I don't see why they can't get them without first listening to some of the songs online. As long as the albums are as widely available as they are, I consider them perfectly accessible to anyone.

rpe9p View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2009 at 15:58
Daniel Gildenlow is another that annoys me for what he does outside of music.  The whole political crap with the US is just stupid.  I love musicians for their music and couldnt care less about their political beliefs
3vilP3nguin View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2009 at 16:00
Metallica

Love their music, well at least up to and including the Black album.
Wouldn't wan't to invite them for tea and scones (witness 'Some Kind of Monster', Napster lawsuit, etc.)
Mr ProgFreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2009 at 16:07
Originally posted by rpe9p rpe9p wrote:

Daniel Gildenlow is another that annoys me for what he does outside of music.  The whole political crap with the US is just stupid.  I love musicians for their music and couldnt care less about their political beliefs

I usually don't care much about what the musicians do as a person ... but if they commit violent crimes or have really extreme political views (or they're racist), that would put me off. For example, there are some Black Metal bands that I would not listen to because some of their members committed murders.
mrcozdude View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2009 at 19:48

Originally posted by mrcozdude mrcozdude wrote:

I think Robert Fripp is a very attractive man, but if he forbid me to look at his pictures, I would gladly obey.

Does it not annoy you that he takes away all pictures,videos & audio away?KC are going to become virtually completely un-accessible to any upcoming music fan (not that their music style is accessible anyway LOL).I suppose people will just illegally download it if their really curious and I can't say I blame them.

I think he has the right to do it, and it doesn't annoy me at all. People who are interested in hearing King Crimson will probably want to get some of their albums anyway, and I don't see why they can't get them without first listening to some of the songs online. As long as the albums are as widely available as they are, I consider them perfectly accessible to anyone.

As I see it,I think alot of fans would see it as a middle finger.Personally I just think it's stupid and he's missing out of more possible fans.But in comparison to the way modern bands display their material ie Radiohead releasing an album for free,Fripp seems completely uptight.I agree,he does have the right to but it still remains annoying.

Originally posted by Mr ProgFreak Mr ProgFreak wrote:

I usually don't care much about what the musicians do as a person ... but if they commit violent crimes or have really extreme political views (or they're racist), that would put me off. For example, there are some Black Metal bands that I would not listen to because some of their members committed murders.

Mayhem have a very disturbing history.Quite an interesting read though on wikipedia.

I find Charles Manson's recording an interesting listen but don't get me wrong I wouldn't say I'm a fan.
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2009 at 19:58
Yes - Jon Anderson's voice (as a person seems nice)

But the winner is early King Crimson - Robert Fripp.

Iván

daslaf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2009 at 21:12

I don't know which is the political issue Daniel has with the US, but one thing I know for sure is that almost everybody outside the US has political problems with the US LOL
But now my branches suffer
And my leaves don't bear the glow
They did so long ago
TODDLER View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2009 at 21:38
I can understand your frustration with this situation. Another thing to take into account is the fact that many great musicians have the most ridiculous comments to make about their own music. Things that an anti-prog person would have to say. Some people look forward to meeting their favorite musicians only to be disappointed in what they have to say about their own music. Fripp has always been very conscientious about his packaging for box sets. For someone that supposedly dislikes his past, he really puts solid effort into a creative representation of all KC bands ...69'-74'   Booklets, unreleased material, beautiful artwork etc;  Maybe he is like Phil Collins in the sense that he is completely relieved now that early Genesis is no longer a household name, but whenever he is subjected to someone's negative comments about the early Genesis, he suddenly finds himself defending it.
rpe9p View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2009 at 22:46
Originally posted by Mr ProgFreak Mr ProgFreak wrote:

Yeah, for the most part I dont care as long as it doesnt affect their music, but in Gildenlows case it did because he refused to tour in the US (until Obama was elected) and wrote a song about how the US sucks (not that I would listen to scarsick much anyway)
Tarquin Underspoon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2009 at 00:04

Love his music, love his style, find his humor funny inside his lyrics....

But Les Claypool annoys me. To no end. I just don't appreciate that humor.

Also, I love the Who, but Pete Townsend is a total jerk in every interview I've seen. And how about Dave Mustaine? Don't get me started.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, I absolutely loathe punk, but I find the character that Johnny Rotten has created for himself to be hilarious in an over-the-top sort of way. Just watched an interview of his. Very funny and unexpectedly clever: "I find honesty to be the most offensive thing in the world, and you, my dear, were just assaulted with it".......or something to that effect.

Edited by Tarquin Underspoon - October 05 2009 at 00:05
"WAAAAAAOOOOOUGH!    WAAAAAAAUUUUGGHHHH!!   WAAAAAOOOO!!!"

-The Great Gig in the Sky
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2009 at 03:45
i think Lars Ullrick is a bit silly, spent moust of his life in America and still speaks with a danish acsent (im Norwegian and find that funny in some aspects not that we norwegians dont have acsents when we speak English we do get a wery pitch english acsent if we are not concdernd about it it tends to goe Up and Down like a rollercouster).

and I think Rick Davies and Roger Hodgson should stop arguing and find together and make a last album or somthing productive. its silly since even Roger Waters and Gilmoure managed to find together atlast (and there it was leagal issues as well and still they managed to make that final concert at Live 8 Clap) so Rick and Roger Angry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12