Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedStick Fest (Tijuana, Mexico/San Diego CA)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stick Fest (Tijuana, Mexico/San Diego CA)
    Posted: October 17 2009 at 10:11
Encuentro Internacional de Stick (International Stick Encounter)

Featuring Cabezas de Cera (Mexico), Stick Drum Duo (France/Mexico) and Guillermo Cides (Argentina)

To be held Thursday October the 22nd In Tijuana, Mexico. About 5 minutes from the San Diego (CA) Mexico border.

This will interest US southern California and  northwest Mexican prog fans and in particular fans of the Chapman Stick. The CDC website says it's a free event but you will notice on the flyer (above link) that it will actually cost $150 pesos or roughly $12 US dollars.

Tijuana (or TJ as the "gringos" call it) has been in the press in recent months for violent acts, the bast majority having drug trafficking links. So if you are an elite member of a drug cartel I would recommend caution otherwise you should have no problems.  The venue is located about 5 minutes (probably a 15 min walk) from the US/Mexico border in the same square and in between City Hall and state Government Offices so it's the "safe" part of town for tourists.

As someone who was born, raised and hope to die in TJ  I would fully recommend you "come down" for this event.

I'm just a prog fan and have nothing to do with organizing this event, but I would happily help out any one who decides to join us in a night of hopefully Stick heaven.
Discipline is never an end in it self, only a means to an end.
Poncho Lopez View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2009 at 19:45
THE SAME EVENT WILL BE IN MEXICALI TOO, BUT THE NEXT DAY (FRIDAY 23) IN THE "CEART". SO IF YOU MISS THE CHANCE TO GO TO TIJUANA, YOU CAN JUST TRAVEL 2 HOURS DISTANCE TO MEXICALI.
PEACE AND LOVE MY FRIENDS. PROG IS ALIVE!!!!
la mejor musica del universo es esta! no pierdan el tiempo con otra musica
WalterDigsTunes View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2009 at 19:55
Ah, my old hometown.

500 miles away, alas....
 Post Reply Post Reply