Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKraftwerk remasters, are they good enaugh?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kraftwerk remasters, are they good enaugh?
    Posted: October 27 2009 at 08:29
I first didn't know if this was the right post to publish here, but since kraftwerk are here on this site I guess it was... Even if they not quite prog if you ask me but whatever. 
Some of you who are going to/already have invested in some of these remasters?
I am quite new into kraftwerk, but have listen some to them more recently, and right know I am planning to buy Trans-europe express, man maschine and computer world. The only question is if the remasters are worth, and how much improved the sound, the extra material and the digibook really are.

Here in Sweden the remasters costs nearly twise as much as the older editions. Some fans of Kraftwerk who already has made their choice and can give me advice?Smile
Fields View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 22:18

Hi, I was excited..and surprised to see the mighty Kraftwerk included here, and yes..I definately think they are prog, along with everything else that they are. As to your question, i have bought the CD of the remaster of Computer World, and very good though it is.in a direct comparison , switching between it and my trusty, rusty 28 year old vinyl copy I have to say the vinyl wins hands down. Overall.i would say that the new remasters lack some of the sublety of the origionals, but they score on taughtness in the bass and they feel generally 'toughened up' . They really are quite different , so the true 'werk fan really needs to own EVERYTHING  they've put thier name to. But to start off..if you have a turntable, get the origional albums on vinyl, they are widely available and not expensive either. if you need them on CD i would go for the origionals, then you can look forward to getting the remasters when you are a totally hooked fan, and by then the'll be cheaper. Also, if you get the chance to see them live..make every effort, you never know when they might go into one of thier twenty year hibernation periods. Happy hunting. .

thellama73 View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 22:39
well, I haven't heard the remasters, but the older CDs (especially of the early albums) are rather bad in sound. The most obvious culprits are Radioactivity and Autobahn. On the latter, the title track is very quiet and I get the feeling I'm missing a lot of depth. The Man Machine sounds pretty good, but all the others could use improvement. I won't buy the remasters because there are too many new albums I want before I start buying albums I already have, but I would recommend them for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply