Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFavorite blackmores night song

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Tony R View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favorite blackmores night song
    Posted: November 03 2009 at 17:10
I know what I am thinking and it isn't "lol" Stern Smile
davidsporle View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2009 at 16:55
Originally posted by emdiar emdiar wrote:

David, lol, were you drunk when you posted all of the above? I have no interest in the professional relationships of Deep Purple members, past or present, nor am I a fan of Deep Purple, (with whose work I am at least vaguely familiar), or (as you quite rightly say), Blackmore's Night, (of whom I know but one number) but I do not dismiss the possibility of remedying that and offer you chance to  convert me. All it takes is a little evangelism on your part and, who knows; there may be one more Blackmore's Night fan in the world. Merely presenting a list of tracks you happen to like isn't going to do it, I'm afraid. It's up to you.

yeah to honest i was drunk when posted it all lol,now i,m thinking oh god  bloodey drink lol.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2009 at 09:34
Originally posted by Trotsky Trotsky wrote:

Only have the first three albums. My favourite track is probably the title track from Fires At Midnight, although Play Ministrel Play from the first album (and featuring guest work from Ian Anderson) is another one that stands out.

I went for Smole On The WaterLOL
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
emdiar View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2009 at 07:49

On second thoughts, don't bother. It would take someone with a little more linguistic prowess to impress me. I'll check out Youtube instead.

For someone who obviously has a very low regard for Americans, (the Netherlands is in Europe btw) I find it ironic that you have spelled 'favorite' without the 'u' in the title of this thread.

Perception is truth, ergo opinion is fact.
emdiar View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2009 at 06:55
David, lol, were you drunk when you posted all of the above? I have no interest in the professional relationships of Deep Purple members, past or present, nor am I a fan of Deep Purple, (with whose work I am at least vaguely familiar), or (as you quite rightly say), Blackmore's Night, (of whom I know but one number) but I do not dismiss the possibility of remedying that and offer you chance to  convert me. All it takes is a little evangelism on your part and, who knows; there may be one more Blackmore's Night fan in the world. Merely presenting a list of tracks you happen to like isn't going to do it, I'm afraid. It's up to you.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2009 at 20:55
Originally posted by davidsporle davidsporle wrote:

^^Yeah, yeah, ok. but  ".........is a good song." and "I think there not bad to start with." are hardly what I mean by "reasons for you choices". Please feel free to justify your choices. Wax lyrical, if you will, on the melodic sublimity, harmonic majesty or rhythmic resplendence of the songs. This thread is just "I like x and y." "Me too, and I quite like z." "Yeah me too." etc etc. Not very inspiring. Come on Blackmore fans...convince me!

i,ll give the others to say what they got to say to ya,,basicly i think deep purple needs blackmore cause steve morse cant play for sh*t[sorry],and yeah blackmore needs  the others if he wants chart bigger success but quite honest i dont think he cares and good on him,cause hes had it and chart means sh*t nowadays,quite honest i,m a little pissed at moment lol[had a bit o purple on to],mate,i like what you say,but are you a blackmore fan NO.no offence,i get where ya coming from cause i was like you blackmores night took me few times to get it,but listened to some songs and kind of made me really like it,maybe have a joint or a beer or few[lololol] with  "way to mandalay" of ghost of a rose nd you might enjoy,maybe you dont like it cause blackmore has got a woman singing to his music lolol,just joking,i respect your views just ppl in life do like and love different music and like all the samne music is boring and its really nice when someone plays something different what they done before,anyway what do you think of deep purples "when a blind man crys" then,i bet you dont like it as its like slowwwwwww.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2009 at 20:55

I only ever heard his version of "Walking through the Air", (before a preadolescent Aled Jones quire boy-ed his version to number one the following Xmas), which I liked well enough (as a "Guitar hero instrumental ballad piece), because the name "Blackmore's Night" is such a groan inducing attempt at word play that it put me off further investigation.

Please give reasons for your choices of favourite songs, that I may know where to start looking. Perhaps I'll give "that banjo player", (as Gillan calls him to this day) another chance.

thought i,d say heres some other bands i like,porcupine tree,led zeppelin,deep purple,pink floyd,after forever,hawkwind,ozric tentacles,ayreon,bob marley,johnny cash,judas priest,eninem[think spelt right lol],astralasia,amon duul2,gillan,kasabian,matallica,and few others to,my mrs likes hiphop but she likes and loves blackmores night to she says to say to you its nice calming music so wake up .
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2009 at 20:38

^^Yeah, yeah, ok. but  ".........is a good song." and "I think there not bad to start with." are hardly what I mean by "reasons for you choices". Please feel free to justify your choices. Wax lyrical, if you will, on the melodic sublimity, harmonic majesty or rhythmic resplendence of the songs. This thread is just "I like x and y." "Me too, and I quite like z." "Yeah me too." etc etc. Not very inspiring. Come on Blackmore fans...convince me!

ok ok,i,ll try and tell you what i mean,its just that,i like how the music sounds and sounds like different like to what is about nowadays like,its like that really,i get what you mean like,but its like hard to explain basicly its blackmore in away,like when he was in purple and then left[yeah made it like without him but come on they aint really had a great album since have they],i feel like blackmore now i feel like i find he enjoys what hes playing like and he feels free to what he wants to do and play when he wants freely as what any musician should feel like[even in band or not],i think hes happier now,i just like blackmores night,the songs he plays on his acoustic guitar i think candice nights voice go nice very well with it[maybe ritchie loves that cause i know i would lololhehe come on babe  are you tired bed is it WAY HEY HIP HIP HOORAY lol,baby making is it hehehe],yeah some of the lyrics are bit down path yeah maybe,actually,what should blackmore do ask me and you maybe and take notice of us maybe ,i,d like that,maybe hed tell us both to f**k off hey lolol,anyway tc  i do think candice has nice voice her voice is like easy to get into maybe you tjhink different but i,m a calm person and sometimes evil to,who likes black sabbath to,but thats another story.shell we go on about them hehe i,m up for it,be good you like them .
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2009 at 20:32

ok ok,i,ll try and tell you what i mean,its just that,i like how the music sounds and sounds like different like to what is about nowadays like,its like that really,i get what you mean like,but its like hard to explain basicly its blackmore in away,like when he was in purple and then left[yeah made it like without him but come on they aint really had a grswt album since hasve they],i feel like blackmore now i feel like i find he enjoys what hes playing like and he feels free to what he wants to do and play when he wants freely as what any musician should feel like[even in band or not],i think hes happier now,i just like blackmores night,the songs he plays on his acoustic guitasr i think candice nights voice go nice very well with it[maybe ritchie loves that cause i know i would lololhehe come on babe  are you tired bed is it WAY HEY HIP HIP HOORAY lol],yeah some of the lyrics are bit down path yeahmaybe,actually if blackmre went from this theyd all be know where yeah,what should blackmore do ask me and you maybe and take notice of us maybe ,i,d like that,maybe hed tell us both to f**k off hey lolol,anyway tc  i do think candice has nice voice her voice is like easy to get into maybe you tjhink different but i,m a clm person and sometimes evil to,who likes black sabbath to,but thats another story.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2009 at 20:16

i,ll give the others to say what they got to say to ya,,basicly i think deep purple needs blackmore cause steve morse cant play for sh*t[sorry],and yeah blackmore needs  the others if he wants chart bigger success but quite honest i dont think he cares and good on him,cause hes had it and chart means sh*t nowadays,quite honest i,m a little pissed at moment lol[had a bit o purple on to],mate,i like what you say,but are you a blackmore fan NO.no offence,i get where ya coming from cause i was like you blackmores night took me few times to get it,but listened to some songs and kind of made me really like it,maybe have a joint or a beer or few[lololol] with  "way to mandalay" of ghost of a rose nd you might enjoy,maybe you dont like it cause blackmore has got a woman singing to his music lolol,just joking,i respect your views just ppl in life do like and love different music and like all the samne music is boring and its really nice when someone plays something different what they done before,anyway what do you think of deep purples "when a blind man crys" then,i bet you dont like it as its like slowwwwwww.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2009 at 20:10

i,ll give the others to say what they got to say to ya,,basicly i think deep pirple needs blackmore cause steve morse cant play for sh*t[sorry],and yeah blackmore needs  the others if he wants chart bigger success but quite honest i dont think he cares and good on him,cause hes had it and chart means sh*t nowadays,quite honest i,m a little pissed ast moment lol,mate,i lie what you say,but are you a blacvkmore fan NO.no offence,i get where ya coming fom cause iwas like you,but listened to some songs and kind of made me really like it,maybe have a joint with  "way to mandalay" of ghost of a rose,maybe you dont like it cause blackmore has got a woman singing to his music and maybe your gay lolol,just joking,i resperct your views just ppl oin life do like and love different music and like all the samne music is boring and its really nice when someopne plays something different what they done befopre what do you tjink of deep purples "when a blind man crys" then,i bet you dont like it as its like slowwwwwww.
emdiar View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2009 at 19:05
OK, I'm convinced!...............Confused
angelmk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2009 at 17:44
Fires at Midnight 
www.last.fm/user/angelmk
emdiar View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2009 at 17:16
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2009 at 15:29

I only ever heard his version of "Walking through the Air", (before a preadolescent Aled Jones quire boy-ed his version to number one the following Xmas), which I liked well enough (as a "Guitar hero instrumental ballad piece), because the name "Blackmore's Night" is such a groan inducing attempt at word play that it put me off further investigation.

Please give reasons for your choices of favourite songs, that I may know where to start looking. Perhaps I'll give "that banjo player", (as Gillan calls him to this day) another chance.

basicly the song"locked within the crystal ball" is a good song,shadow of the moon,fires at midnight,diamonds and rust,i think there not to bad to start with,but it seems that you listen more more what gillan has to say,quite honest give blackmore a chance as he got fed up of playing the same old songs and music for 30 years like,so i take my hat of to blackmore for playing music which he loves as i said he used to play renaissance music in his hotel room in the 70s,dont think i dont like purple i love purple just i think they are better with blackmore and same back basicly as i think both need each other,as purple have lost something to,but same goes with blackmore to,so fair is fair,let them both all do what they love i say.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2009 at 15:28

basicly the song"locked within the crystal ball" is a good song,shadow of the moon,fires at midnight,diamonds and rust,i think there to to bad to start with,but it seems that you listen more more what gillan has to say,quite honest give blackmore a chance as he got fed up of playing the same old songs and music for 30 years like,so i take my hat of to blackmore for playing music which he loves as i said he used to play renaissance music in his hotel room in the 70s,dont think i dont like purple i love purple just i think they are better with blackmore and same back basicly as i think both need each other,as purple have lost something to,but same goes with blackmore to,so fair is fair,let them both all do what they love i say.
emdiar View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2009 at 10:36

Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2009 at 09:41
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

"Home Again"

Old familiar faces
Everyone you meet
Following the ways of the land
Cobblestones and lanterns
Lining every street
Calling me to come home again

ahhhhhhh yeah home again is a really enjoyable song this comes in one of my favorite blackmores night songs to.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2009 at 09:38
Originally posted by MartyMcFly89 MartyMcFly89 wrote:

Let's spoil the waters a little bit and say that I like Dandelion Vine

but to be realistic, it would be "Play For Me Minstrel Play"

dandelion vine i,ll have to hear this one alot more.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2009 at 09:36
Originally posted by Trotsky Trotsky wrote:

Only have the first three albums. My favourite track is probably the title track from Fires At Midnight, although Play Ministrel Play from the first album (and featuring guest work from Ian Anderson) is another one that stands out.

i got to say fires at midnight is a great song,and yes play minstrel play is a stand out track,get yourself the secret voyage album.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>