Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHagiographic band history

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hagiographic band history
    Posted: November 03 2009 at 20:22
Thought I'd check out some of the prominent bands at the Homepage, and chose Renaissance. The band biography, if you can call it that, is sheer fanboyism over a particular line-up, while the other is dismissed in two sentences. I'm okay with fervent enthusiasm, but aren't there appreciation threads for this kind of thing? I don't think this belongs here--isn't it preferable to have a news-oriented, rather than an opinion-oriented, slant at this introductory point?
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2009 at 20:30
Yes it is biased though probably unintentionally so, every writer will have bands they know more about, therefore appreciate, therfore lose some objectivity. Bios should be unbiased to a degree, but should also indicate the importance and even relative quality of the recordings. But you're right, the Renaissance bio could be less gushy and more educational.

Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2009 at 20:41
Although we have dedicated teams for sub-genres and their bands it's not forbidden, actually it's highly appreciated and encouraged that any member feeling he/she can add new/more/better info about a band to just do it.

Appropriate channels may be sending a PM to a Collaborator or via the related subforum. Smile
Guigo

~~~~~~
 Post Reply Post Reply