Claude Leonetti (leode)
Sylvain Bayol (Warr guitar)
Gederic Byar (guitar)
Dominique Leonetti (vocals, guitar)
Yohan Simeon (percussion)
Frederic Juan (percussion, marimba)

http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=3378
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=3378#discography

Sad news. After 12 years of gigs, 4 studio albums and a brand new Live DVD (2008 Paradiso), LAZULI is splitting. The french band tries to explain it below (french text is following) :

Sorry it's not easy for me to explain it in English! I try:  After sharing so many beautiful things ... the group is "shared." Despite the necessity and predictability of this break, I will confess that we are totally helpless in front of our own making.

I thought this story with these 6 men, was unchanging and unending. It was not naive to think it, some things are indestructible! I still it believe, despite the regular disappointment of life. There are things indestructible but apparently not this Lazuli with these 6 men.

The paradox is the release of a new DVD these days, recorded in Amsterdam in 2008. This recording seal definitively this piece of life. No nostalgia, just trying to keep a beautiful memory. 12 years with incredible things, thanks to you.

But there is no question of putting an end to this happiness and to this fortune that we can of share our music and our words. It's time and viscerally vital, to think to the future. Fred, Sylvain and Yohan seems to hit the road together for a new project ...
Ged, Claude and me, we continue the Lazuli's adventure ... More than ever, we begin the work for to be back very soon.

At the same time, there are much more serious things on earth. This banal tear, we has plunged into the abyss but must be taken for what it is now: a rebirth.

We already receive messages, showing us your "faith" in us, it does us good.
Here come our "réponse incongrue à l'inéluctable": LAZULI back on the road anyway.
Hope see you soon...

Kindest regards Domi, Ged and Claude...

[email protected]
Chers amis, voilà, que vous dire? Après avoir partager tant de belles choses... le groupe se "partage". Malgré la nécessité et la prévisibilité de cette rupture, je vous avouerai que nous avons été totalement désemparé face à notre propre décision. j'avais imaginé cette histoire à 6, immuable et sans fin. Ce n'était pas naïf, il y a des choses indestructibles! Je le crois encore, malgré les déceptions régulières de la vie. Il y a des choses indestructibles mais apparemment, pas ce Lazuli à 6. Le paradoxe, c'est la sortie d'un nouveau DVD ces jours-ci, enregistré à Amsterdam en 2008. Cela scellera définitivement ce bout de vie. Pas de nostalgie, juste essayer de garder un beau souvenir. 12 années a vivre des choses incroyables, grâce à vous.  Mais il est hors de question de mettre un terme à ce bonheur et à cette chance que nous avons de pouvoir partager notre musique et nos mots. Il est temps et  viscéralement vital de
penser au futur.  Fred, Yohan et Sylvain semble vouloir reprendre la route ensemble pour un nouveau projet... Ged, Claude et moi continuons l'aventure Lazulienne... Plus que jamais, nous nous remettons au travail pour être de retour très vite. En même temps, il est des choses tellement plus graves sur terre. Cette que trop banale déchirure, nous a plongé dans l'abîme mais doit être prise pour ce qu'elle est à présent: une renaissance. Nous recevons déjà des messages, nous prouvant votre "foi" en nous, ça nous fait du bien. Voici notre réponse incongrue à l'inéluctable: LAZULI reprend la route malgré tout. On vous embrasse Domi, Ged et Caude...

Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2009 at 08:50
What a drag.  That was a fine band.  

BronDune View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2009 at 09:00
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

What a drag.  That was a fine band.  

Yeah... saw them several times live and I can swear you that was amazing , wonderful and terrific ! Those 6 guys on stage giving you gooseflesh... Beautiful voice, amazing instrument (the Leode), fabulous percussions... Too bad.
Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2009 at 09:10
That's a sad news.
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2009 at 10:07
Oh Confused  I've missed a concert nearby some days ago - official statement: suspended!

BronDune View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2009 at 11:51
Originally posted by Rivertree Rivertree wrote:

Oh Confused  I've missed a concert nearby some days ago - official statement: suspended!

Yep ! Idem in Belgium... They cancelled the gig I'd have to go on the 1st of december. First, officially the band was pained by a collective influenza Disapprove Now we know why they cancelled all the venues everywhere...
iguana View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2009 at 02:41
gosh. they were just starting to make waves. very untimely...
progressive rock and rural tranquility don't match. true or false?
Steve-A View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2009 at 14:15
Damn! I never got to see them live. I nearly saw them at Prog-résiste in 2007, but due to a mix up with the trains I arrived late (just in time to see Beardfish).

Post Reply Post Reply