Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Asia (original line up) recording new album"Omega"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAsia (original line up) recording new album"Omega"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2010 at 07:01
The album cover looks terrible but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for the material inside. Wink
ProgressiveAttic View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2010 at 08:48

what the hell is wrong with Roger Dean? his artwork was one of the elements that kept Asia interesting.....

the samples are good but no prog....
Michael's Sonic Kaleidoscope Mondays 5:00pm EST(re-runs Thursdays 3:00pm) @ Delicious Agony Progressive Rock Radio(http://www.deliciousagony.com)

RoyFairbank View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2010 at 17:23
! I can't imagine that's the final artwork... that's nothing roger deanish anyway.

As for the samples... I don't know. Phoenix set a high standard. Finger On The Trigger sounds a little lackluster.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2010 at 22:13
I still haven't heard anything from this album. I thought Phoenix was a very good pop album. I liked it better than their first 2 ones. I think "Never Again" is as good and as strong as any of their previous big hits (much better for me than Heat of the Moment, and just about as good as Only Time will tell). However for me the monster here was Parallel Worlds / Vortex / Deya, by far the best song from Asia so far, and a perfect blend of Pop and Prog. I was just watching the track list for Omega on ProgArchives, and no song is longer than 6 min... that doesn't seem too promising. We'll have to see what happens... (or rather hear).
wadester2006 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2010 at 16:14
Well, 'Finger on the Trigger' is all I've heard so far.  And yes, I have heard the original version..this is much better.  I do agree, that the artwork for the cover is God Awful.  Yeesh...that was always something to look forward to.  I think Phoenix was good, and hope this is better. Also, to the bashers...enjoy these guys and be grateful they are able to make music this good ...they will not be around forever.  I've seen them live twice since the reunion, and they were awesome.  I look forward to travelling to the UK and seeing them at the High Voltage Festival this summer.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12