Topic ClosedMusical Box in Paris

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Musical Box in Paris
    Posted: May 19 2005 at 05:36

I saw the Lamb show yesterday in Paris,at  the Olympia, a nice venue with a good athmosphere and relatively good acoustics.It was sold out, a lot of Oldtimers just at the side of me a mother and her son who was sipping at his beer quiet annoyed "oh my good ,what do I have to do to please my mother" while she got the "way back when I was young" look in her eyes.

When the lights went out I felt kind of strange, I failed to see the concert in 1975 and the lamb is still my favourite Genesis record.For the first half an hour I didn't get into it. They were a little bit to tense for my taste. So then the singer did the second "Gabriel" presentation of the story (the same as in the Box-set concert)in french, which was quiet funny. There were some audience comments some laughing and suddenly the vibes were better and from then on they played tighter and up from Carpert Crawlers I was completely overwhelmed. Carpert Crawlers, Counting out time, Chamber of 32 doors, Lamia and Waiting Room were fantastic. It is strange, they really have appropriated the Lamb,it is not just a Genesis Cover Band, they "live" the music, the visuals are great especially for The Lamia. On waiting room, which was allready a jam they did a great job on their own.The Slipperman part is great.For an encore they played Musical Box and The Knife.Great show.

PS: Someone in the audience told me that they are going to release a DVD with material from different shows.

Edited by Alucard
 Post Reply Post Reply