Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Tribute Bands and Prog Radio
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - "Music For Airports" by Brian Eno -live in Vilnius
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed"Music For Airports" by Brian Eno -live in Vilnius

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Music For Airports" by Brian Eno -live in Vilnius
    Posted: December 23 2009 at 07:39
Lithuanian capital Vilnius was (and still is) European Culture Capitol in 2009. There were plenty of different cultural events this year, and now, just last days of this year, musical program will be finished by this interesting concert.

Brian Eno's "Live For Airports" composition was played few times live in diffrent world airports by different musicians. This time "composition will be presented live in Vilnius Airport hall at December 29, 1 PM, by classic and modern music band "Gaida Ensemble". This is last concert, finishing European Cultural Capital year program. Concert is free, and airport will work as usual day. Welcome!
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2009 at 08:58
Cool, I've always wanted to listen to Music for Airports in an airport. Too bad I won't get to hear it.
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2009 at 09:01
Originally posted by A Person A Person wrote:

Cool, I've always wanted to listen to Music for Airports in an airport. Too bad I won't get to hear it.

That's what digital music players are for dude. Big smile

I got the original recently, which is kind of odd as I've had the other ones in the Eno ambient series since the LP age.  I got Bang On A Can's version before I picked up on the original Eno.

It really is a nice piece to calm any jitters you might have about the flight you are about to take.

Edited by Slartibartfast - December 23 2009 at 09:02
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Post Reply Post Reply