Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDream Theater Vs Sieges Even

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dream Theater Vs Sieges Even
    Posted: March 05 2010 at 05:32
For me its a kind of tie, I've gone off DT a bit in the last year or so, but whenever I do put on one of their early albums (up to Train of Thought) I do enjoy them. Sieges even is a different matter though, they've had almost as many incarnations as King Crimson and though they have put out great music in all three of their periods, the second isnt that interesting over all to me, but listening to The Art of... shows an amazing band. 
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

D4y dr34m3r View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2010 at 00:33
into prog. metal selection,  rather than compare,  just reviewing,  which one you pick from this 2 good bands.

well,  DT was my first impression of progresive metal. in enjoy it til'octavarium.  I enjoy mostly of their discography,  like any other,  even if I'm NOT featuring LaBrie as one of  my fav. singers...  they are highly influential in the style.

the first time I listened Sieges Even, i wish i heard them before. I loved many of their albums, and I Think they are underrated and shadowed.  their musical skills and sensibility making music is awesome,  and deserves to be heard to discover jewels in their discography.

personal selection: Sieges Even...  the singers,  the lyrics,  the instrumental section...  grade A quality.
 Post Reply Post Reply