Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAn Interetsing Collaboration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: An Interetsing Collaboration
    Posted: March 05 2010 at 11:22
Hey Humans
I am just listening to 'The Peppermint Tree and the Seeds of Superconsciousness', by the Amorphous Androgynous (thats a bit of a mouthful!). I'm an old fan of this band from back in the 90's when they were definitly IDM rather than prog, and I know their prog credentials are still a bit suspect, but its sounding good to me - I'll try to find time to review it later.

Anyway, this reminded me that I caught an interview a couple of months back with Alisha Sufit on the Freak Zone programme on BBC 6 Music (UK). For those who don't imediately recognise the name Alisha was the singer on the legendary Magic Carpet album, listed in the archives under 'Indo-Prog/Ragga Rock' where it is one of the classics of the sub-genre. Alisha's lovely vocals and quirky lyrics are what really makes that album for me.

So, nostalgia aside, my attention was really caught when I heard Alisha announce that she had been invited to tour (I think) with the Amorphous Androgynous as their 'resident hippy chick' . This sounds like an interesting collaboration to me. I don't find much time to go out to gigs these days, but if anyone has heard anything about this tour, or whether there are going to be any recordings released featuring Alisha Sufit I would be interested to know about it.
Grattitudes!
Existence is no advantage!
 Post Reply Post Reply