Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGreen Wave

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Green Wave
    Posted: March 23 2010 at 14:27
I am officially suggesting that we add this German psychedelic mushroom rock band. Green Wave.

Some time ago I wrote the band biography here on PA for an obscure early seventies krautrock band Dies Irae. A one album wonder that made only one album entitled "First" in 1971( maybe they should have called it "First and Last").
The leader of the band, Rainer Wahlmann,  was so impressed that he contacted me and sent me further material from the band in the form of a live reunion concert in 1992 which I have added to the PA database. He also sent me a 2009 CD from the band he formed after Dies Irae in 1975, Green Wave, the title of which is ...we used to cut the green grass...the war is over. It is a 90 minute post-apocalyptic epic. Freaky stuff. I have already written a review for him and it is also posted on my personal website for those who care to read it at www.thedayoftimestop.webs.com/nofreakouts.htm

Information about this band who perform regularly in Germany and Holland can be gleaned from these two sources the band's website : www.green-wave.de and their myspace www.myspace.com/greenwavesaar

Mr. Wahlmann has offered me access to everything about the band in order to write a comprehensive bio for PA.
There are so many of these older bands that go unnoticed and Green Wave is definitely one of them. I have just completed a bio ( with the co-operation of it's leader Colin Orr ) for a band called Janus thought by many to have only released one album in the early seventies called Gravedigger, when in fact they had released 8 more which I duly added and plan to review. So if anyone has the time here's something new to check out that I consider to be a worthy addition to the site. GREEN WAVE.
Thank-you for your time ladies and gents.Big smile

DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2010 at 18:20
Hi, Ian. Thanks for your recommendation.
Gonna check them after work ... Cool

As for German psych, Uwe may be more familiar I imagine?
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 05:44
Now checked quickly through their MySpace samples ... mellow but quirky psych-pop flavour all around.
Dunno if they can be in PA or not but I've taken them into our chart ... soon be evaluated.
Vibrationbaby View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 15:15
No don't check quickly. That was my mistake. Listen carefully. Everything develops. I've also got samples from their seventies & eighties material.
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 18:02
Originally posted by Vibrationbaby Vibrationbaby wrote:

No don't check quickly. That was my mistake. Listen carefully. Everything develops. I've also got samples from their seventies & eighties material.
Thumbs UpOoool-rrrrite.

If possible, would you send me some samples currently you possess via Rapidshare or Sendspace? Wink
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 14:40
I just spoke to Rainer today by email and I'll get samples to you. I dunno, When bands like Split Enz get added to the site and others that are in the true prog tradition such as Green Wave are almost immediately shot down it just makes me scratch my head. Another thing that makes me wonder is all these metal bands being added Confused. Not that I dislike metal but without naming any particular band some of the additions are just beyond me. In fact, when I first joined the site in '04 I was suprised that Green Wave weren't included. Dies Irae fortunately are here. One way or another, I hope I can make some headway on this. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2010 at 09:36
I also have a Green Wave biography prepared all I have to do is submit it.  I can even get an interview with Rainer Wahlmann not only talking about Green Wave but also about Dies Irae, revealing some crazy sh*t about the krautrock movement of the late sixties early seventies as well right from the horse's mouth..
Nelly St. Claire View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2010 at 07:57
Hi, as one of the original members of GREEN WAVE (aka Marc Fournelle). you can ask me any question about the band.Currently I´m again working together with them , not as singer - guitarist , but trying to get gigs for them, so if anybody out there is interested in seeing this fabulous band, preferably in France, please let me know.
 Post Reply Post Reply