Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKuha. (Finland)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kuha. (Finland)
    Posted: March 26 2010 at 14:53
This band has pretty obvious similarities tor to fellow Finlander's Hoyry-Kone. http://www.myspace.com/kuhamusiikki.

turl]http://www.last.fm/music/Kuha[/url]

From rateyourmusic:

http://rateyourmusic.com/artist/kuha_

hide Album
albums.push('tr55688'); albums.push('tr55689'); albums.push('tr307008'); albums.push('tr995598');
Released Title Cat# Reviews Ratings Chart [?] Overall
1998 Kuhakeisarin palatsissa   2 21

rate
2003 Hei, täältä tulee Kuha.   2 24

rate
2005 Telekineettinen testilaboratorio GAS 009 

rate
2007 Tieteen puolesta - fiktiota vastaan KIOSKI5  2 33

rate

Bandsite:
http://www.kuhamusiikki.fi/

http://www.jpop.com/Kuha.

Kuha.

Kuha. is a Finnish underground progressive rock band famous for their extraordinary music and powerful live shows. Since last.fm descriptions must be written in English, some quotations taken from their official website will have to do: ”Kuha. plays with the power of a tsunami, they sound like a cow with mad cow disease, they are louder than anthrax, they go down like a dose of hot and spicy thai tom yum soup and they react on the viscera with the same intensity.” Stan Fenwick Associate Professor
Kuha. is a Finnish underground progressive rock band famous for their extraordinary music and powerful live shows. Since last.fm descriptions must be written in English, some quotations taken from their official website will have to do: ”Kuha. plays with the power of a tsunami, they sound like a cow with mad cow disease, they are louder than anthrax, they go down like a dose of hot and spicy thai tom yum soup and they react on the viscera with the same intensity.” Stan Fenwick Associate Professor Veterinary Public Health Murdoch University, Perth, Australia ”Kuha. reinforces the powerful alternation between delicate and brutal.

And the stage presence – overwhelming.” John Hale Assistant Professor Department of Computer Science and Engineering Michigan State University ”Once I realized the brilliance of Kuha.'s important lyrical-yet-scientific treatises, I was extremely surprised to find that they're not once indexed in Google Scholar.” Lisa Davidson Assistant Professor Department of Linguistics New York University ”Somewhere between Axl Rose's famous unpublished Lepidoptera monograph and Bon Scott's somber analysis of the badger herding industry in 19th century England lies Kuha.'s most recent triumph.” Matt Goldrick Assistant Professor Department of Linguistics Northwestern University ”Kuha. seems to be a beautiful rock band. But I can't explain the reason for its' success. I am more interested in good food than in loud music (I'm 61).” Karsten Fehlhaber Professor Institut für Lebensmittelhygiene und Verbraucherschutz Universität Leipzig More info at: www.kuhamusiikki.fi www.myspace.com/kuhamusiikki.

Include, or don';t include, where you will or won't.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2010 at 15:27
What timing, I just emailed the members of Höyry-Kone to see if they're ever going to reissue the albums and here you come with a band similar to them.  I'll be sure to check these guys out.  Thumbs Up
Dalezilla View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2010 at 15:42
I don't really like the music, but man their lyrics are funny.

And yes they should be here.
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2010 at 16:05
I remember kuha was very good to eat... It is a fish that in English is called pike-perchWink.
Pekka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2010 at 01:50
^If that's the fish dish I think I remember, then agreed big time Heart

I'm only familiar with their latest album Tieteen puolesta - fiktiota vastaan, and based on it they really have a place here I think. I'm rather surprised that they aren't here already.

If they get added, it's important to notice that the . at the end of their name is really a part of their name. 

Edited by Pekka - March 27 2010 at 01:53
Vibrationbaby View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2010 at 11:09
Why do all the good bands come from Europe? 
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2010 at 12:18
^ They don't.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2010 at 13:11
Well Spaced Out is just about the only good band to come out of Montréal ( actually north of Montréal )  where I live over the past decade and they can't make it here. They have to go to Europe to find an audience. You wouldn,t believe the garbage we have here in Montréal these days.

Whatever. But these Finnish guys get my vote. I wish I could understand what the guy is singing about.Confused
Tsevir Leirbag View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2010 at 13:26
Originally posted by Vibrationbaby Vibrationbaby wrote:

Well Spaced Out is just about the only good band to come out of Montréal ( actually north of Montréal )  where I live over the past decade and they can't make it here. They have to go to Europe to find an audience. You wouldn,t believe the garbage we have here in Montréal these days.

Whatever. But these Finnish guys get my vote. I wish I could understand what the guy is singing about.Confused

Miriodor, Rouge Ciel, Interférence Sardines, Klaxon Gueule, Les Poules, Unexpect, GY!BE/A Silver Mt. Zion, Gorguts (not my cup of tea, though), Jelly Fiche (don't know them, but supposedly good), Set Fires to Flame, Ensemble SuperMusique, Bell Orchestre and lots of other.
We do have lots of excellent bands, and these are just from today, but I guess you know the classics.

Edited by Tsevir Leirbag - March 27 2010 at 13:27
Les mains, les pieds balancés
Sur tant de mers, tant de planchers,
Un marin mort,
Il dormira

- Paul Éluard
Dalezilla View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2010 at 13:54
Haha, a significant amount of my favourite music comes from Montréal.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2010 at 14:28
Montréal used to be a fun place.

I guess I'll just go out on to the porch and sit on my rocking chair and watch the sun set with old Duke. C'mon Duke. 
 Post Reply Post Reply