Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSenmuth anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Retired

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2010 at 14:49
Still waiting for the return of that interview. I guess that will be a most interesting read. 
Any Colour You Like View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2010 at 19:14
Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

Thanks, but I was thinking to the lyrics. Being instrumentally prolific is surely easier than being a so prolific lyrics writer. I downloaded his first five albums nbut I've listened only to the first two. and reviewed the first one. Is there any of his album that you think is outstanding respect to the others? I don't think a life will be enough to listen to all of them carefully enough.

I don't know your taste, but personally I enjoyed Bark of Ra and Exouniverse.
toroddfuglesteg View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Retired

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2010 at 14:47

Time for some humble pie, I am afraid.

I may have said something bad about Senmuth or even branded this a bedroom project with limited value during the last three months. I am withdrawing these words forthwith. I am listening to an album called Path To Satiam now and that is not an album from a bedroom project. Neither is it an album with limited value.

I have also briefly been listening to a couple of other Senmuth albums and have come to the same conclusion. Hence, I am eating humble pie tonight.   

Ouch Ouch

octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2010 at 15:23
Originally posted by toroddfuglesteg toroddfuglesteg wrote:

Time for some humble pie, I am afraid.

I may have said something bad about Senmuth or even branded this a bedroom project with limited value during the last three months. I am withdrawing these words forthwith. I am listening to an album called Path To Satiam now and that is not an album from a bedroom project. Neither is it an album with limited value.

I have also briefly been listening to a couple of other Senmuth albums and have come to the same conclusion. Hence, I am eating humble pie tonight.   

Ouch Ouch

I have read the interview. I think a day in Russia must be 36 hours long if he's able to do anoter work other than releasing 70 albums. He is the sleeve designer of all the albums, too! And what a designer...He's a complete artist !

About Humble Pie, I don't think you mean the band with Peter Frampton, isn't it? Wink
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
toroddfuglesteg View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Retired

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2010 at 15:37

Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

About Humble Pie, I don't think you mean the band with Peter Frampton, isn't it? Wink

No, it means I admit I have been wrong all the way regarding Senmuth. I just gave Path To Satiam four stars at the end of a long review. 

I also wonder how he manages to stretch the daylight hours. Most of all; how the holy balalaika did he manage to come up with an album like Path To Satiam ? That is simply not possible.........

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12