Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Official 'review our music' forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedResistor and Steve Unruh review submissions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Resistor and Steve Unruh review submissions
    Posted: May 05 2010 at 19:28
Hello there, I'm interested in submitting a couple of CDs for reviews. I recently finished my 8th solo CD, and my band, RESISTOR, will release our 2nd album in a couple of weeks (yay!). I've got an artist listing on ProgArchives already, but not much on the new album, and nothing for RESISTOR yet. So, fortunate timing that I checked this forum... apparently I stumbled upon it a couple of days after its very creation!

Anyway, check out the samples at the link below, and if you think you'll give my album a 4 or 5 star rating (heh heh heh, nothing works like bribery with a free CD), let me know! (My email address is available on my website, steveunruh.com.)

FYI, my solo stuff is prog/folk... acoustic instrument centered. Some semi-standard song structures, and some proggy wacky stuff. RESISTOR is generally in the Rush vein, I suppose - but with long, weird song structures like the old days... yet presented in a listener-friendly way, we hope.

That link: www.steveunruh.com (check out the "buy a CD" page to see if you're interested in the music... there are links to sampler mp3s there.)

-Steve

Marty McFly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 00:44

Hey there Steve,

looks like your solo studio stuff haven't been reviewed for more than 3 years, that's strange:
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=1632
And because from what I heard I think I like what I heard, I can volunteer, because I pass this condition.

Not sure about 5 star goal, that is quite high, but I don't deny this option at all.

So I'm interested :-)

On a sidenote, do you think that Resistor have a chance to get here ? Maybe there simply wasn't anyone to suggest them, maybe your band was rejected, I'm not sure about that, but it's worth of trying, or in latter case - re-trying.

There's a point where "avant-garde" and "experimental" becomes "terrible" and "pointless,"

-Andyman1125 on Lulu

Even my
ProgressiveAttic View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 18:08
Originally posted by ResistorBand ResistorBand wrote:

Hello there, I'm interested in submitting a couple of CDs for reviews. I recently finished my 8th solo CD, and my band, RESISTOR, will release our 2nd album in a couple of weeks (yay!). I've got an artist listing on ProgArchives already, but not much on the new album, and nothing for RESISTOR yet. So, fortunate timing that I checked this forum... apparently I stumbled upon it a couple of days after its very creation!
Anyway, check out the samples at the link below, and if you think you'll give my album a 4 or 5 star rating (heh heh heh, nothing works like bribery with a free CD), let me know! (My email address is available on my website, steveunruh.com.)
FYI, my solo stuff is prog/folk... acoustic instrument centered. Some semi-standard song structures, and some proggy wacky stuff. RESISTOR is generally in the Rush vein, I suppose - but with long, weird song structures like the old days... yet presented in a listener-friendly way, we hope.
That link: www.steveunruh.com (check out the "buy a CD" page to see if you're interested in the music... there are links to sampler mp3s there.)
-Steve

Hey Steve! I've been your fan for years now (since I downloaded your classical guitar EP)!

Nice samples!

So I am really interested! + It will get some airplay at my online radio show (Michael's Sonic Kaleidoscope @ Delicious Agony Prog Rock Radio)

I proposed Resistor a while ago: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65628&KW=resistor and I don't know what happened with that...
Michael's Sonic Kaleidoscope Mondays 5:00pm EST(re-runs Thursdays 3:00pm) @ Delicious Agony Progressive Rock Radio(http://www.deliciousagony.com)

ResistorBand View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2010 at 12:32
Thanks for the interest, everybody! Three members have volunteered to review my new albums, and that should cover it. I look forward to reading your reviews in a few weeks...

-Steve

Dtbass07 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2010 at 15:58
Hi,

We are a Montreal based band called Everything After Zero and we would like you to check us out and tell us how we can send you a copy of our EP for you to review it. You can also listen to the whole EP by clicking on the following links.

Thanks,

E.A.Z

www.myspace.com/everythingafterzero
http://www.perfectprog.net/profile/EverythingAfterZero
Dtbass07 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2010 at 16:07
You can also contact us at [email protected] for any information you might need for a possible review! We look forward to it!

Thanks,

E.A.Z.
Marty McFly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2010 at 17:01
Originally posted by Dtbass07 Dtbass07 wrote:

You can also contact us at [email protected] for any information you might need for a possible review! We look forward to it!

Thanks,

E.A.Z.

This is not the right place where you should put requests like that. There is "Get the Word out" thread.

There's a point where "avant-garde" and "experimental" becomes "terrible" and "pointless,"

-Andyman1125 on Lulu

Even my
Conor Fynes View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2010 at 02:14
Hey Steve,
I consider myself an experienced reviewer; if you would like another opinion, direct me to a download link and I would be happy to give my two cents on it.

-Conor
 Post Reply Post Reply