Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCalling All Pell Mell fans!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Calling All Pell Mell fans!
    Posted: May 11 2010 at 19:47
i would like very much to connect with any  fans of the german prog band Pell Mell (not to be confused with a later 90's group named Pell Mell who were North American i think)
          in 1989, i stumbled across a used copy of their 1972 debut on Bellaphon called Marburg, named for the city in Germany where they were from. i have never ceased to be thrilled by the music therein. They mesh both jazz and classical  influences  in a really appealing way, and though this is the only album of their's i have heard, i am almost certain it is their best-do not know how they could top this one. i would be greatly in views and experiences other PA  members have had with Pell Mell-and does anybody know what they are doing now?
ozzy_tom View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2010 at 00:37
I think you can consider me as a fan. I especially like their 2 first albums. "From The New World" is a magic suite based on Dvorak's classical piece. Lots of incredible organ and violin soloing.

But I have no idea what these guy are doing now at all :-/.
esky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2010 at 10:17
A good little band in the Nektar mold. Wish I knew where they were these days myself.
 Post Reply Post Reply