FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGilmour & Waters just played together

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2010 at 04:26
Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

I just read a description Roger Waters did on FaceBook about this reunion. It was in fact Gilmour who called or wrote Roger about doing it, and he sugested the song "To know him is to love him", and then they chose "Wish you Were Here" and "Comfortably Numb". Then Roger started panicking about not being able to sing "To know him..." well, because it was out of his range and he would have to practice a lot, etc, and he thought surely Gilmour would do a better job by himself, so Roger told Gilmour he should do that song alone, and then he (Roger) could join him on the other two songs. However, Gilmour insisted on doing this song with Waters, and just told him if he (Roger) sang on "To know him... ", then Gilmour would join Waters on one of his Wall shows to play on "Comfrotably Numb"... and so far that's the agreement (Waters said he just couldn't refuse that offer), but Gilmour hasn't yet decided on which show he'll appear.

Wow, thanks for the info! Back to the OP, it's really nice to see those two back on those stage, enjoying themselves. I was always living in the illusion that they wanted each other dead.
Trendsetter win!

The search for nonexistent perfection.
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2010 at 08:24
This is the exact quote from Roger's Facebook:

Quote Some weeks passed with David cajoling me from time to time, telling me how easy it would be, but I clung resolutely to my fear of failure until one day he made one final entreaty. I quote “If you do ‘To Know Him Is To Love Him’ for The Hoping Foundation Gig, I’ll come and do ‘C. Numb’ on one of your Wall shows”. Well! You could have knocked me down with a feather. How f**king cool! I was blown away. How could I refuse such an offer. I couldn’t, there was no way. Generosity trumped fear. And so explaining that I would probably be sh*te, but if he didn’t mind I didn’t, I agreed and the rest is history. We did it, and it was f**king great. End of story. Or possibly beginning.

(the highlighting is mine)

And a video:

Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2010 at 07:50
Apparently this gig will be commercially released as a DVD before the end of the year....

If they could include their Live 8 reunion gig in it.... it would be awesome....

Edited by Sean Trane - August 17 2010 at 07:51
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12