Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Sonic Circuits Festival,Washington, DC,USA-Sep
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Sonic Circuits Festival,Washington, DC,USA-Sep

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Sonic Circuits Festival,Washington, DC,USA-Sep
    Posted: July 26 2010 at 22:41
Since the festival being discussed in the Magma concert thread has more bands playing than just Magma, I figured it'd be a good idea to start up a thread highlighting the festival itself instead of just the one band.  It's a week long event (September 18th to the 25th) being held at various venues in the Washington, DC area; a mixture of local bands and larger names (such as the previously mentioned Magma, Univers Zero, Miriodor, the Muffins, Merzbow & Richard Pinhas, etc) and is sure to be a good time.  For more information, check out this link or one of the many similar ones over on the Magma concert thread:

http://dc-soniccircuits.org/index.php/2010-festival/
Sonic Circuits View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2010 at 07:47
Note that we've relaunched our website with a new design, so that link no longer exists, but does take you to the homepage: http://dc-soniccircuits.org/

The direct link for the 2010 festival is http://dc-soniccircuits.org/festival/2010/

Also our kickstarter campaign ends tomorrow night. Its your last chance to preorder a festival tshirt and get to attend the Magma sound check.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1533829124/sonic-circuits-festival-of-experimental-music

I look forward to seeing everyone at Sonic Circuits!
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2010 at 09:11
Originally posted by SaltyJon SaltyJon wrote:

Since the festival being discussed in the Magma concert thread has more bands playing than just Magma, I figured it'd be a good idea to start up a thread highlighting the festival itself instead of just the one band.  It's a week long event (September 18th to the 25th) being held at various venues in the Washington, DC area; a mixture of local bands and larger names (such as the previously mentioned Magma, Univers Zero, Miriodor, the Muffins, Merzbow & Richard Pinhas, etc) and is sure to be a good time.  For more information, check out this link or one of the many similar ones over on the Magma concert thread:

http://dc-soniccircuits.org/index.php/2010-festival/

that is the best part of festivals IMO.. not the headliners.. but the groups you've never heard of.. discovery is the mayo on the steak and cheese of music.  We got the week long pass.. and work permitting.. will try to catch as many as we can.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2010 at 09:34
Jon, we're definitely looking forward to meeting youSmile!
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2010 at 16:51
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

that is the best part of festivals IMO.. not the headliners.. but the groups you've never heard of.. discovery is the mayo on the steak and cheese of music.  We got the week long pass.. and work permitting.. will try to catch as many as we can.

I wish I could stay around to see more bands, but unfortunately school would not be permitting...I could just imagine all the ways Penn State would laugh at me if I said I was going to miss a week of classes to go see lots of awesome concerts. LOL

Originally posted by Raff Raff wrote:

Same with you two, now my only remaining task is to figure out somewhere affordable to stay. LOL
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2010 at 17:14

I wish I could stay around to see more bands, but unfortunately school would not be permitting...I could just imagine all the ways Penn State would laugh at me if I said I was going to miss a week of classes to go see lots of awesome concerts. LOL

Same with you two, now my only remaining task is to figure out somewhere affordable to stay. LOL

bah..  probably better than explaining to your advisor that you had to miss class because you were enjoyed a stay at the County Hilton for breaking a bar stool over the head of an obnixious frat boy LOL

of course you are more than welcome to stay with us... our spare room is still a work in progress. It's currently overrun with my map of downtown Berlin circa 1945 ..but in case we haven't finished making it habitable for guests.. a comfortable couch awaits you.  The only charge.. you get to pick up the tab at the Paridiso on the way to the Magma show. Best beers and pizza in Georgetown.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2010 at 17:30

bah..  probably better than explaining to your advisor that you had to miss class because you were enjoyed a stay at the County Hilton for breaking a bar stool over the head of an obnixious frat boy LOL

of course you are more than welcome to stay with us... our spare room is still a work in progress. It's currently overrun with my map of downtown Berlin circa 1945 ..but in case we haven't finished making it habitable for guests.. a comfortable couch awaits you.  The only charge.. you get to pick up the tab at the Paridiso on the way to the Magma show. Best beers and pizza in Georgetown.

That would be great!  I'm not against staying on a couch if needed (or a floor for that matter) since hotels look pretty pricey in general.  The hotel would be more than the ticket and bus ticket combined...almost twice as much actually.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2010 at 17:36

That would be great!  I'm not against staying on a couch if needed (or a floor for that matter) since hotels look pretty pricey in general.  The hotel would be more than the ticket and bus ticket combined...almost twice as much actually.

excellent.. and kidding of course about picking up the tab.  It is a nice couch...  I slept off my pre-Birthday bash there last weekend.  Very comfortable. We are looking at a sofa/bed combo but may.. or may not have it by then. Anyhow we're close to metro to get into DC and easy to find and get to ..not far from the 'mixing bowl' (the e interchange of I-495 and I-395 for you.
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2010 at 17:45
^Wow, that would be pretty awesome. I expect lots of pics! Tongue
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2010 at 17:51

excellent.. and kidding of course about picking up the tab.  It is a nice couch...  I slept off my pre-Birthday bash there last weekend.  Very comfortable. We are looking at a sofa/bed combo but may.. or may not have it by then. Anyhow we're close to metro to get into DC and easy to find and get to ..not far from the 'mixing bowl' (the e interchange of I-495 and I-395 for you.

Well whether or not you were kidding about picking up the tab, I will - not going to stay without giving anything back, you know?  Would there be a problem with me coming in Friday evening and then leaving Sunday whenever you want rid of me LOL?  I think, based on the Sonic Circuits site, that my ticket lets me into both shows on Saturday - though I want to double check with them, since the ticket only says Magma that I have, and 'd miss the Muffins/others show at 3:30 if I left at the only available time on Saturday (I'd not get in until after 5).  I don't have any idea where we'll be coming in, except to one of the bus depots. LOL
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2010 at 18:06
Originally posted by A Person A Person wrote:

I'll be sure to take lots of pics.... but don't expect any of me LOL I like my anonymity.. hence my latest pic..

and Jon... anytime is great ..  when the time gets close just coordinate with the mistress of the household.

Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2010 at 18:14
IndeedSmile! Jon, for us it would be a great pleasure to have you stay with us. I am old enough to be your mother, but you'll find I have a very young attitudeWink. And on Saturday night we're going to have a real blast... KOBAIA!!!
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2010 at 18:17

IndeedSmile! Jon, for us it would be a great pleasure to have you stay with us. I am old enough to be your mother, but you'll find I have a very young attitudeWink. And on Saturday night we're going to have a real blast... KOBAIA!!!

I'm sure it will be a great pleasure to stay with you and get to meet you two as well (not to mention meeting the band).  This is looking like it'll be an incredible weekend!
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2010 at 18:21
awesome. Clap  
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2010 at 18:23

Originally posted by A Person A Person wrote:

I'll be sure to take lots of pics.... but don't expect any of me LOL I like my anonymity.. hence my latest pic..

Sweet, hopefully I'll be able to see it in person some day.
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2010 at 18:24

awesome. Clap  

Definitely...just found out my ticket is officially good for the Muffins/etc. show earlier in the day, too.  That's just another nice bit of news!
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2010 at 18:41

awesome. Clap  

Definitely...just found out my ticket is officially good for the Muffins/etc. show earlier in the day, too.  That's just another nice bit of news!

now if we can be blessed with good weather to enjoy the day.. it is a gorgeous area.. the day will be complete.

ever been to DC Jon?
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2010 at 18:43

awesome. Clap  

now if we can be blessed with good weather to enjoy the day.. it is a gorgeous area.. the day will be complete.

ever been to DC Jon?

Nope, never have. 
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2010 at 18:48
if there is anything in particular you want to see .. and we have the time. .just say the word! 
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2010 at 19:25
If there's anywhere in particular you think is especially fun/interesting to see, let me know - I'm pretty open in general when it comes to seeing new places, since I know I'll never manage to see everything there is in just a weekend. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>