FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDirk Steffens

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dirk Steffens
    Posted: August 17 2010 at 21:11
This brilliant german guitarist/engineer/producer is seldom mentioned in PA, except usually by me
          I have almost all of his music where he is playing guitar, and some of the albums that he engineered and produced (Accept), and this fellow is totally awesome at whatever he does
          i started a previous thread asking whatever happened to him, without result
        this thread is basically just an appreciation of Mr. Steffens involvement with music
          Like the late Helmut Koellen, Steffens music is really sincere and comes straight from his heart-emotional and moving, in a special unique kind of way
          for those who do not know, he played on Birth Control's album Rebirth, and recorded two solo albums in the seventies, The Seventh Step, and Tollhouse, all of which are wonderfull
       his guitar sound varies from hard and heavy, to an almost funk or folk feel-he has a way of blasting you and moving you at the same time
                his best recording is The Seventh Step, released in 1977 and re-issued onto cd on the  Second Battle label
    i would love to hear other members with their views and feelings about this overlooked musician
Paravion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2010 at 04:42
I once owned that record - but I sold it to the former guitarist of Merciful Faith and record-shop-owner Michael Denner. He payed quite a lot for the record and told me that Dirk Steffens was one of best guitarists ever. Unfortunately I don't really remember the record.. 
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2010 at 12:44
thanks for your response

Mr. Steffens was also involved with producing or engineering records by the following groups

Helloween
China
Sinner
Jolly Roger

presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2010 at 15:55
I recently read that before he joined Birth Control, Mr. Steffens was in a couple of other groups, firstly, the Beathovens, and later on, Pennywonder
            Anybody out there actually heard these bands? If so, what are your impressions? i know them by name only
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2011 at 17:41
 I wanted to let everybody at PA know that a little while ago, i created an English Wikipedia article about Dirk Steffens, including a bio and complete listing of artists he engineered and/or produced.
         The article is known as "Dirk Steffens (musician)", named as such, as there is another Dirk Steffens article about someone with that name who is a journalist
             I am also the author of the English Wikipedia article on the late Helmut Koellen, well most of it, as it existed as a tiny stub of only a couple of sentences, so i expanded it, with a bio, and additional interests are mentioned, as well as reference to his death
 Post Reply Post Reply