Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2010 at 16:26
in no specific order:
Gong
Magma
Guru Guru
Hawkwind
Vn der Graaf Generator / Hammill solo

Edited by BaldJean - November 01 2010 at 16:29

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2010 at 17:54
Hi,

I have seen Gong and travelled with them for a bit and my pictures were used on a couple of tours ... Magma was in SF in 1999 in th eInternational Music Festival and they got a 15 minute ovation. Saw Hawkwind in 1974 on their Space Ritual Tour and then a year later with MAN on the Space 1999 tour. Both good, although the loudness at the smaller vnue later was painful. One nice side effect ... it was on that night that I first heard Caravan on the preshow music!

Peter and/or VdGG is one of those things that I would love to see, but I don't have to. I've had enough discussions and mails back and forth that I don't feel I need to see him ... and I have his music inside me all the time, and would prefer that the stuff I like be there, instead of something else.

All in all ... I am through with concerts ... I can enjoy Daevid in my house and he can just turn on my computer and play the midi board and come up with something, or he can just grab the accoustic and do the same thing, although I would rather we just do word play poetry and have some fun just flowing out ... or better yet ... I want him on the dock at midnight, next to the candles and enjoying a beautiful evening, resting and having fun ... and let him troll his heart and mouth out ... and after that we throw him into the lake for a baptism ... hehehe! In other words just to have fun. (we have waterfront property on a volcanic lake).

Being a writer and a creative person, the last thing I want to see is artists tied up ... and I'm finding that most of them in concert are ... plain and simple ... tied up and enslaved to our desires. And I hate to see that ...

Ohh another one ... I wanna invite Roy Harper over for some fun!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2010 at 18:35
Dixie Dregs
Tangerine Dream
Umphrey's McGee
Peter Gabriel
Jeff Beck (especially when he's got Tal on bass, she's a bass monster. Big smile)
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234