Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSteve Hillage - Fish Rising

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2010 at 22:52
Fish rising is fantastic. What a dream line up. I guess I'm just and old man, now, but they don't make records like that anymore. The summer of '75 was musically magical for me. Red Queen to Gryphon Three, Hawkwind's  Warrior on the Edge... Egg"Civil Surface" ....Gong's "You"....Strawbs "Ghosts"... Eloy "Floating"....Hatfield's "Rotter's Club"... Soft's "Bundles".....and "Fish Rising". My kids think I'm pathetic, but Lord, I miss those days terribly.
Petey
sparkslive View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2010 at 01:56
Originally posted by akamaisondufromage akamaisondufromage wrote:

You might like Live Herald too! 

Well you should.

this one is very enjoyable indeed. Congrats, you've unlocked the code.

...and cheers to "topographicbroadway" with your newly found discovery.

himtroy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2010 at 14:42
Originally posted by Pete A. Pete A. wrote:

Fish rising is fantastic. What a dream line up. I guess I'm just and old man, now, but they don't make records like that anymore. The summer of '75 was musically magical for me. Red Queen to Gryphon Three, Hawkwind's  Warrior on the Edge... Egg"Civil Surface" ....Gong's "You"....Strawbs "Ghosts"... Eloy "Floating"....Hatfield's "Rotter's Club"... Soft's "Bundles".....and "Fish Rising". My kids think I'm pathetic, but Lord, I miss those days terribly.

I never thought about how many albums came out in 1975 vs the years around it.....due to that list I may have to move from 1969 being the best year for music.....Gryphon, Hawkwind, Egg, Gong(and my favorite album of theirs). Hatfield, AND Fish Rising.....Oh man...probably even more great ones.

Edited by himtroy - September 21 2010 at 14:43
Which of you to gain me, tell, will risk uncertain pains of hell?
I will not forgive you if you will not take the chance.
esky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2010 at 16:15
A little kooky but I think it's practically his best. The guest list (Gong-based) is impressive.
Pete A. View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2010 at 17:32
How about "Lamb Lies Down.." , Triumvirat's "Sparticus" , Terje Rypdall "Whenever I Seem To Be Far Away", Renaissance "Scheherazade" and more I'm sure. Not all of these came out in "75 (Maybe late '74 ). These were just the records that blew my mind that summer. Who needed drugs??? Did you know that Hillage is on the latest gong LP"2032"? Still great after all these years.
Petey
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2010 at 19:21
Originally posted by Snow Dog Snow Dog wrote:

Check out Green and L too!Thumbs Up

Agreed!

GREEN is fabulous and really well done and recorded by Mr. Hand of Death on the knobs ... Nick Mason!

Really well recorded and still one of my favorite plays.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2010 at 19:26
Originally posted by Pete A. Pete A. wrote:

When one of your kids picks up a guitar ... put on some Hillage ... and make him feel small ... or if the kid is a drummer, put on Moerlin in You for him and tell him ... c'mon ... let me see how good you are ... before you say I'm pathetic again!

You need to play the music louder so it sinks in ... and tell the kid he's hearing too much pounding these days and not enough music! In fact, almost no music at all ... I used to think that Faust was weird ... but I have to tell you that weirdness is heaven to me now compared to half the rap crap out there! Or metal!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Norman Kiddie View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2010 at 12:32
WinkSmileGreen is a brilliant album so too is the Live Herald. I recently bought Open at our local
Saturday market, another super album.

Ruby900 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2010 at 14:54
Fish rising is a classic. I listen to this album about once a week. It is essential!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12