Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Megan Fox or Jessica Biel
    Posted: October 31 2010 at 05:25
Originally posted by akin akin wrote:

Biel, for sure. I don't like very much the Angelina Jolie type, and Megan Fox is like her.

Pretty much what I think. Whether it's intentional or not I don't know, but Megan looks so dumb it immediately puts me off. Agreed with JLocke about Penelope. 
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2010 at 19:05
Originally posted by JLocke JLocke wrote:

Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

Hey, akin, y'know, I asked around, and even though you've been here since '04, nobody here seems to know who you are. Weird. 

Funny, no one here seems to like you. Weird. TongueWink

*sigh* . . . I know . . . 

We like you man. It's you who don't let yourself be liked... Tongue
crimhead View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2010 at 18:12
Jessica.
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2010 at 13:27
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

Hey, akin, y'know, I asked around, and even though you've been here since '04, nobody here seems to know who you are. Weird. 

*sigh* . . . I know . . . 
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2010 at 12:05

And yes, Biel for sure.

No question at all for me.

LOL
Tony R View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2010 at 07:39
Will you two please take this to PM
akin View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2010 at 07:37

And how this adds to Megan Fox or Jessica Biel discussion?
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2010 at 06:12
akin View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2010 at 06:10
Wow, if the world had all those gentlemany class-acts, politically correct, rational, objective, fair and just people doing something useful...

Biel, for sure. I don't like very much the Angelina Jolie type, and Megan Fox is like her.
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2010 at 03:59
Seriously, though . . . 

Let's look at the words you're saying I used to describe you. ''Bigoted''. Well, I'd say we're all guilty of being slightly bigoted in some way, simply because we all unfairly generalize. Hell, I'm bigoted against bigots. LOL Sure, they don't really give me much choice since they all act so much alike, but a good deal of them I'm sure are redeemable, if someone would just talk some sense to them.

''Narrow-minded''. Again, I'm still very narrow-minded. I'm so young with so much more to learn in life, it's unbelievable. So far, I haven't used any words when addressing you I wouldn't use to describe myself.

Finally, ''ignorant''. Well, we're all ignorant about most things, and we only know a lot about a few things. I'm ignorant when it comes to advanced mathematics and accounting, for instance. Ignorance in itself is inevitable, I think.

So, I don't really see how you could feel personally attacked by any of those words when I wasn't really describing anything unique about you with any of them. I possess the same qualities within myself. I'm just making observations about a particular aspect of you that I don't agree with, as I said. I'm not trying to badmouth you or call you names. I'm just talking. Very passionately, half-joking, half-serious, but still, just talking. 

Edited by JLocke - October 29 2010 at 04:02
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2010 at 03:35
Originally posted by thellama73 thellama73 wrote:

Now that you mention it, however, I do sometimes say to: "Look at bandsindividually. I don't just generalize based on their genre." LOL And what's so wrong with that if I do? It's how I truly feel. Just like white girls being the real beauties in the world is truly how you feel. But if we disagree on things, can we not passionately debate on it?

Yes, we can passionately debate. But in my view your comments about me being bigoted and narrow minded were out of line. I don't attack you and call you names when I disagree with you, so maybe you should take some of that open minded tolerance you preach and apply it to your actual interactions with people.

When did I call you names? I was commenting on one single aspect of your character that I personally found a bit bigoted. That does not mean I think you are a bigot yourself, nor does it mean I would call you one. I don't know you well enough to even begin to make such a claim. Apparently commenting on someone's narrow tastes in women is the same difference as calling that person a name. Confused

If you don't find anything wrong with using the words "Bigotry" "narrow-minded" and "ignorant" to describe me in the last few posts, then I'm sure you won't take offense to me saying I find your statements pompous, arrogant, rude and pretentious.

I'm going to bed.

I hope you dream of some beautiful Aryan girls while you sleep. Wink
thellama73 View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2010 at 03:33

Now that you mention it, however, I do sometimes say to: "Look at bandsindividually. I don't just generalize based on their genre." LOL And what's so wrong with that if I do? It's how I truly feel. Just like white girls being the real beauties in the world is truly how you feel. But if we disagree on things, can we not passionately debate on it?

Yes, we can passionately debate. But in my view your comments about me being bigoted and narrow minded were out of line. I don't attack you and call you names when I disagree with you, so maybe you should take some of that open minded tolerance you preach and apply it to your actual interactions with people.

When did I call you names? I was commenting on one single aspect of your character that I personally found a bit bigoted. That does not mean I think you are a bigot yourself, nor does it mean I would call you one. I don't know you well enough to even begin to make such a claim. Apparently commenting on someone's narrow tastes in women is the same difference as calling that person a name. Confused

If you don't find anything wrong with using the words "Bigotry" "narrow-minded" and "ignorant" to describe me in the last few posts, then I'm sure you won't take offense to me saying I find your statements pompous, arrogant, rude and pretentious.

I'm going to bed.
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2010 at 03:26

Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2010 at 03:23

JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2010 at 03:23

''I don't really go for girls with different religious views than my own.'', ''I'm not attracted to girls who seem hypocritical.'', ''I've never been into girls who have completely opposing political or social stances'', and so on. These are all very valid reasons for why I would be turned off by someone, or why a relationship between us wouldn't work. Wouldn't you, agree? 

Now, here is what doesn't make much sense to me at all: ''I don't date girls with dark skin, black hair and black eyes. Sorry, I just can't help it. I don't go for them.'' 

Do you see the huge difference, here? Tell me you can see where I'm coming from, even a little bit.

Of course I see a difference. The difference is that I was talking about physical attraction. If I see a girl on the subway, I have no idea what her religious views are or if she is hypocritical. I only know what she looks like and whether I am attracted to her. Different races have different body types, different facial structure, etc. These are attributes that go into determining whether a person is physically attractive to me, subjectively, and it just so happens that I tend to be attracted to certain types more than others. You yourself said you tend to be attracted to black women. OMG, how dare you generalize about race like that?

But I think the apparent difference is that I don't prefer one facial structure or skin color over another. I might be more naturally drawn to one type or another, but that doesn't dictate what I find truly attractive to me. And not all white people have the same facial structures, or even similar. It's the same case with any other ethnicity. I've seen plenty of white people who have features that you might associate with the 'typical' black face, and vice-versa. Dear me, you've gone and generalized again. LOL

Edited by JLocke - October 29 2010 at 03:24
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2010 at 03:19

''I don't really go for girls with different religious views than my own.'', ''I'm not attracted to girls who seem hypocritical.'', ''I've never been into girls who have completely opposing political or social stances'', and so on. These are all very valid reasons for why I would be turned off by someone, or why a relationship between us wouldn't work. Wouldn't you, agree? 

Now, here is what doesn't make much sense to me at all: ''I don't date girls with dark skin, black hair and black eyes. Sorry, I just can't help it. I don't go for them.'' 

Do you see the huge difference, here? Tell me you can see where I'm coming from, even a little bit.

Of course I see a difference. The difference is that I was talking about physical attraction. If I see a girl on the subway, I have no idea what her religious views are or if she is hypocritical. I only know what she looks like and whether I am attracted to her. Different races have different body types, different facial structure, etc. These are attributes that go into determining whether a person is physically attractive to me, subjectively, and it just so happens that I tend to be attracted to certain types more than others. You yourself said you tend to be attracted to black women. OMG, how dare you generalize about race like that?
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2010 at 03:14

Can't you see that a statement like "I tend to go for girls with blue eyes" is not equivalent to "I am a small minded bigot who objectifies women based solely on their eye color"?

Well, that depends. Do you find the concept of basing a woman's looks on her eye color to be a bit absurd? I mean, would you assume you would never find green-eyed girls attractive, except in rare instances?

As for the other example you gave about musical preference, it's really not a fair comparison, and I'll tell you why. You didn't just say you prefer white girls, and then I laid into you. What happened was very plain: you jumped in the middle of a conversation that had nothing to do with you, and genuinely asked your question in what seemed like a fairly disgusted and confused manner. You wanted to know what is 'with us guys' and hispanic women. So, I thought I would set you straight in that I wasn't drooling over just one particular ethnicity of girl. Things escalated from there. Had you just stated your own opinion without acting like the whole world was wrong because some guys like other types of girls, we may have had a similar conversation, but I doubt it. And even if we had, it certainly wouldn't have come to this point. As far as I'm concerned, I didn't just come at you for no reason. 

Edited by JLocke - October 29 2010 at 03:30
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2010 at 03:05
I guess you are the only person on the planet who has absolutely no preferences when it comes to looks then.
Can't you see that a statement like "I tend to go for girls with blue eyes" is not equivalent to "I am a small minded bigot who objectifies women based solely on their eye color"?

Of course I am generalizing. What's wrong with that? If you come on PA and say "I really like progressive rock" I don't respond with a holier-than-thou "Oh, how narrow minded. I look at bands individually. I don't just generalize based on their genre."

You know perfectly well what I meant and you're just being confrontational for its own sake.
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2010 at 02:50

I don't see why you have suddenly turned so hateful towards me. I never said I don't like women of other ethnicities. I have many female friends who are non-white. All I meant was that I don't, generally, find them physically attractive. Why you've chosen to twist that statement into me viewing women as objects is beyond me.

I never said you didn't like them as friends. But your pre-conceived notion that you won't find most of them physically attractive when you haven't met even a fraction of all the women in the world just strikes me as a bit silly. That is why, in my mind, it seems as if you are generalizing. If you really saw everyone as individuals and not as 'black people', 'white people', 'brown people', etc. then why would you even bother to make the distinction? ''What is it with you guys and hispanic women? A while back, Asians were all the rage, now this.'' That was the statement, more or less, that compelled me to address you to begin with.

You yourself must have known how ignorant and backwoods that statement could have been perceived, because you even followed it up with ''I'm not trying to sound racist, or anything''. So don't act suddenly baffled now that I'm actually discussing that aspect of your post with you. I'm not calling you a bigot, anyway. I'm just saying that I find your outlook in this particular instance a bit bigoted itself. Difference. For me, talking about women in broad strokes when mentioning attraction goes a step beyond personal preference, because as far as race goes, I truly consider us all equal and not much different from one-another. The real important stuff that I am particular about I've already given examples of. 

I mean, I look at people as people. My experiences with each of the people in my life will all be uniquely different, regardless of what ethnic background they come from. So, why would a romantic encounter not be just as unpredictable? 

But really, this whole conversation is absurd. You're going to keep not finding most women on the earth attractive, and I'm going to continue doing the contrary, and this half-playful tiff I've had with you isn't going to make a difference in either direction. So . . . yeah. 

Edited by JLocke - October 29 2010 at 03:06
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2010 at 02:46
It's OK llama he uses Tongue a lot and plays it off as "joking" often so its all cool!

And would hate to get from the original topic!

Biel for sure.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>