Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSyzygy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
yanch View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Syzygy
    Posted: November 19 2010 at 06:03
I like them quite a bit. I have their Realms of Eternity cd and it is a very good, eclectic prog effort.  Excellent musicians and interesting songs.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2010 at 16:04
Syzygy is a great band. Their debut (The Allegory Of Light) is brilliant through and through. 4.5-5 stars for me. Not crossover prog at all to me. More Eclectic (or more fitting into the progressive definition of Art Rock...even though that term doesn't exist here anymore). Their lastest is quite a disappointment compared. I wrote a review of that one, so you can see my opinoins there. But you may enjoy their newest a bit more than me based on your other favorite bands (at least that I know Tongue). Still though, I recommend their first especially.

Their first band (Witsend) also released a fairly good CD (Cosmos And Chaos) which is also recommended if you like either of Syzygy's CDs.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2010 at 15:59
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

I've been through my pile of Classic Rock Presents Prog  mags whilst whiling away a couple of hours this afternoon, and a band who seem to have been omnipresent this year, in terms of advertising, are Syzygy.

However, the reviews on the site of the last couple of efforts by the band are very few and far between (although mostly favourable), which suggests one of two things. Either they ain't selling much and the adverts don't work, or fans haven't bothered to review.

Has anyone heard them, and, if so, what is your opinion? They must have spent a fortune on advertising. Was it worth it?

First,I just bought the last issue of classic rock presents prog(very good magazine).I believe that Syzygy is a great band.I have listened to some tracks on their myspace page,here and from the free cd's of classic rock presents prog.Their advertising worths(but is excessive a little bit). 

Edited by Prog Geo - November 18 2010 at 15:59
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2010 at 15:45
I've been through my pile of Classic Rock Presents Prog  mags whilst whiling away a couple of hours this afternoon, and a band who seem to have been omnipresent this year, in terms of advertising, are Syzygy.

However, the reviews on the site of the last couple of efforts by the band are very few and far between (although mostly favourable), which suggests one of two things. Either they ain't selling much and the adverts don't work, or fans haven't bothered to review.

Has anyone heard them, and, if so, what is your opinion? They must have spent a fortune on advertising. Was it worth it?
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
 Post Reply Post Reply