Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Biglietto Per L'Inferno 35th anniversary Ltd Ed???
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBiglietto Per L'Inferno 35th anniversary Ltd Ed???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Biglietto Per L'Inferno 35th anniversary Ltd Ed???
    Posted: December 06 2010 at 14:49
Is this really a limited edition release???

I recently purchased the above mentioned from btf.it for a hefty sum.  While the album is great, i'm trying to find out some info regarding the "limited edition" which according to their website and according to www.italianprog.com is limited to 500 copies.  It is a Japanes mini LP of SHM-CD quality.  

Nowhere on the album, insert or disc itself does it say anything about being a limited edition and it's certainly not numbered.  However, being that the OBI is 99% Japanese--of which I don't speak--is it possible that the info regarding the limited edition, 35th anniversary edition is printed in Japanese?  

If anyone has this disc or knows anything about it, please let me know.  I contacted the italian prog site above and they promptly responded saying they didn't have a copy and weren't sure about it, but said that being the fact that it's a japanes issue means that it is likely limited, but they couldn't say for sure.  Thanks!
cabalaska View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2010 at 14:22
bump
cabalaska View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2010 at 16:31
bump
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2010 at 16:53
All of the Japanese mini lps are limited.  According to Greg Walker (www.synphonic.8m.com), as soon as the item hits his catalogue, it's out of print.  Once he sells his copies, he can rarely get more.  Apparently they're only pressed in limited batches, and with each new pressing comes some new feature, like a different mix, or in this case an added minute or so of music.

By the way, many BTF minis are limited as well to 500 copies.

So hang onto it, and it will become more valuable with time--both the monetary value and the musical worth.

Hope that helps!  Please stop by the Italian prog thread--we'd love to hear from you!
"I have seen the broken sky turn blue."

My Gnosis Ratings

Post Reply Post Reply