Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedChemical Alice anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chemical Alice anyone?
    Posted: December 06 2010 at 14:58
Well I was just putting up decorations for Christmas and I stumbled upon my Vinyl collection in the attic, I must say I got distracted looking at all the old sleeves, most of which had I hadn't seen in 20 years or more, so anyway I was browsing through my Marillion rarities in particular and I found the Chemical Alice EP "Curioser and Curioser" from 1981, so far as I know it was their only release and limited to 1000, most of which I've heard were destroyed because of a pressing flaw, so not too many around I'd say. Any fans of the band? which for those who don't know had Mark Kelly on keyboards. Anyone ever seen them live? Anyone know how much this EP is worth?Big smile For the life of me I don't ever remember playing itShocked

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_7WL8YT7JOT0/Swex6XS4AeI/AAAAAAAADlw/4vK6omUt-ks/s1600/o208444.jpg
You must be joking.....Take a running jump......
old_floyd_head View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2012 at 14:55
I saw this band live in a sports centre in Essex, I'd guess in 1980 to 81. I can remember the nigh clearly. I have the EP myself, in mint condition. They were a local band. I know one of the guys was from Upminster I think it was the drummer. What's gas is that I'm now living in Co.Kildare and I see you are in Dublin. How on earth did you end up getting a copy. i think I probably bought it at a gig as i do not think it ever went on release in shops.
TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2012 at 15:36
This thread is in the wrong section,because the band isn't included in our database.

Admins,please move to General Music Discussions.

presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2012 at 17:19
That is a band i know in  name only.
        When i was living in Ottawa, Canada in the early 1980s and following the UK heavy metal hard rock scene, i distinctly remember seeing advertisements in the British magazines for the band playing clubs, complete with photos of them.
            At that time, it was next to impossible to get any of their music in  Ottawa, though, so i never actually heard them
 Post Reply Post Reply