Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMerry Christmas - what prog stuff did you get?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
CloseToTheMoon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Merry Christmas - what prog stuff did you get?
    Posted: December 28 2010 at 14:57
Originally posted by Mastosis Mastosis wrote:

I got prog underwear, prog socks, and prog toothpaste. Thumbs Down
  hahaha

My family is afraid of buying anything they haven't heard of. Except for my brother.

First 2 of Smashing Pumpkins' Teargarden by Kaleidyscope sets (do these count?)
Around 7 Beatles Remasters
And I used a Barnes and Noble gift card to get The Yes Album
It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2010 at 11:17
All of our energies and money went on my son this year, so he had a new tv/DVD player, XBox 360 with Kinnect (it's great!), and a pile of other stuff. With father in law in hospital, the rest of us got each other "token" presents, but mine were nice golf presents.

However, those nice chaps at Marillion did send me a fantastic live DVD recorded in Loreley earlier this year. And my lovely son normally gets me some prog stuff for my impending birthday. Here's hoping!!
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Leo J. View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2010 at 03:25
Only prog stuff I got was Brian Eno Ambient 4: On Land and a Ray Bradbury book.  Spent most of today enjoying both simultaneously. 
nordwind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2010 at 21:52
The 1st Transatlantic & a bunch of Budgie's ! Big smile
Jazz isn't dead.......it just smells funny.
Frank Zappa / Live in New York
SamWeiss View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2010 at 01:27
I received Yes-Close to the Edge on vinyl. Smile

Never too late for a classic!
zachfive View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2010 at 00:22
Space Shanty, Taking Tiger Mountain, Emergency!, and No Stranger to the Skies

Successful X-Mas I'd say.
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2010 at 21:25
The rest of it:
Klaus Schulze - Picture Music
Can - Soundtracks
Kraan - Live
The Neck Romancer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2010 at 08:54
Porcupine Tree's Recordings, KC's 40th Anniversary edition of ITCOTCK, Fripp's Exposure and a Opeth T-shirt.
yanch View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2010 at 07:18
Originally posted by yanch yanch wrote:

My family is big on making lists of things we want. I had 7-8 concert dvds on my list, all prog or prog-related. Hopefully, I will get a bunch of them! I'll let you know! Wink

Merry Christmas!

Well, I hope Christmas was good to all. I didn't get as many vids as I'd hoped, but that's okay. Did get Crack the Sky-All Access, which has 2 different shows from 2008. What's nice is that the recording and video quality is very good and the set lists are quite different. Very enjoyable.

Also got Riverside's Reality Dream live. Terrific dvd. Great sound and brilliant performances from their first 3 albums. I've always ;iked these guys, but after seeing how tight they are live I have more respect for them. 

Two good dvds. I'm happy Smile
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2010 at 01:32
Wow, some of you guys cleaned up! I did get a phone call from parents who told me they had a gift voucher from a huge super store selling CDs. Ok I will be there in January and hopefully get some more new prog.
Mastosis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2010 at 23:14
I got prog underwear, prog socks, and prog toothpaste. Thumbs Down
m2thek View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2010 at 22:32
I got myself Il Tempio delle Clessidre with money I got today =)
Steven Brodziak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2010 at 22:08
My wife had bought me this DVD box set of 4 concerts of Genesis different eras for my B day awhile back.. Unfortunately it actually just had an EMPTY SPACE for the When in Rome! It said "Buy it and then you have a place to store it.. Haha what BS. I have Everything, I mean everything that Genesis has done studio, live, bootleg. etc. I am only missing "When in Rome" (process of acquiring) and the new "piano one. PS I gave away my copy of "The Congo" or whatever it was called. Lol
Well, there it is. (Amadeus)
spookytooth View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2010 at 21:59
Despite having a very light christmas, I still recieved a prog item: The DVD set of Genesis - When In Rome Live 2007. I am watching it tomorrow and am very excited about it. I have every studio and live album Genesis owns, and this is my first DVD of them.
usoPreviewPopup
< style="height: 80px; width: 444px; border-top-color: rgba7, 0, 0, 0; border-left-color: rgba7, 0, 0, 0; border-right-color: rgba7, 0, 0, 0; border-bottom-color: rgba7, 0, 0, 0; border-top-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; padding-top: 2px; padding-right: 2px; padding-bottom: 2px; padding-left: 2px">< value="af">Afrikaans< value="sq">Albanian< value="ar">Arabic< value="hy">Armenian< value="az">Azerbaijani< value="eu">Basque< value="be">Belarusian< value="bg">Bulgarian< value="ca">Catalan< value="zh-CN">Chinese (Simplified)< value="zh-TW">Chinese (Traditional)< value="hr">Croatian< value="cs">Czech< value="da">Danish< value="auto" ed="ed">Detect language< value="nl">Dutch< value="en">English< value="et">Estonian< value="tl">Filipino< value="fi">Finnish< value="fr">French< value="gl">Galician< value="ka">Georgian< value="de">German< value="el">Greek< value="ht">Haitian Creole< value="iw">Hebrew< value="hi">Hindi< value="hu">Hungarian< value="is">Icelandic< value="id">Indonesian< value="ga">Irish< value="it">Italian< value="ja">Japanese< value="ko">Korean< value="la">Latin< value="lv">Latvian< value="lt">Lithuanian< value="mk">Macedonian< value="ms">Malay< value="mt">Maltese< value="no">Norwegian< value="fa">Persian< value="pl">Polish< value="pt">Portuguese< value="ro">Romanian< value="ru">Russian< value="sr">Serbian< value="sk">Slovak< value="sl">Slovenian< value="es">Spanish< value="sw">Swahili< value="sv">Swedish< value="th">Thai< value="tr">Turkish< value="uk">Ukrainian< value="ur">Urdu< value="vi">Vietnamese< value="cy">Welsh< value="yi">Yiddish< value="af">Afrikaans< value="sq">Albanian< value="ar">Arabic< value="hy">Armenian< value="az">Azerbaijani< value="eu">Basque< value="be">Belarusian< value="bg">Bulgarian< value="ca">Catalan< value="zh-CN">Chinese (Simplified)< value="zh-TW">Chinese (Traditional)< value="hr">Croatian< value="cs">Czech< value="da">Danish< value="nl">Dutch< value="en" ed="ed">English< value="et">Estonian< value="tl">Filipino< value="fi">Finnish< value="fr">French< value="gl">Galician< value="ka">Georgian< value="de">German< value="el">Greek< value="ht">Haitian Creole< value="iw">Hebrew< value="hi">Hindi< value="hu">Hungarian< value="is">Icelandic< value="id">Indonesian< value="ga">Irish< value="it">Italian< value="ja">Japanese< value="ko">Korean< value="la">Latin< value="lv">Latvian< value="lt">Lithuanian< value="mk">Macedonian< value="ms">Malay< value="mt">Maltese< value="no">Norwegian< value="fa">Persian< value="pl">Polish< value="pt">Portuguese< value="ro">Romanian< value="ru">Russian< value="sr">Serbian< value="sk">Slovak< value="sl">Slovenian< value="es">Spanish< value="sw">Swahili< value="sv">Swedish< value="th">Thai< value="tr">Turkish< value="uk">Ukrainian< value="ur">Urdu< value="vi">Vietnamese< value="cy">Welsh< value="yi">Yiddish
English (auto-detected) » English

Would you like some Bailey's?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2010 at 21:51
Wow, never heard Misplaced??? IMO the best album ever made. Listen to it about 12 times, then give me a review. Fish is so friggin' powerful with feeling and lyrics incredible. Stilletto's in the snow, black plastic body bags, you'll see! The original Metropolis? Fantastic movie! 1921 I believe. Love all the Python, I have all of flying circus and fawlty Towers. I do not have Meaning of Life. Grail is my fav.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2010 at 21:47
My son got me exactly what I had asked for. Moon Safari - Blumljold (sp). Going to listen to it shortly. Have never heard ANY Moon Safari. What'd you get?
RoyFairbank View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2010 at 21:16
Broken China - Richard Wright < listening now, very somber, going to take some listens!
In The Hot Seat - ELP to complete collection but sounds pretty good! Great Dylan cover!
Misplaced Childhood - Marillion <<<<< yeah, self-explanatory. Haven't heard the whole CD till now

I also got all three monty python movies and Metropolis, now complete after a gazillion years!
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2010 at 21:10
Originally posted by SaltyJon SaltyJon wrote:

Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

Are a Mel Brooks DVD movie set and a Family Guy Banned From TV considered prog? LOL
Working on Young Frankenstein now.

I got my wife the new Santana covers album deluxe edition. Big smile

Stay close to ze candles!  The staircase...can be treacherous.

"What the hell are you dong in bathroom day and night?  Why don't you get out and give someone else a chance?"  Eyegore
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2010 at 20:57
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

Are a Mel Brooks DVD movie set and a Family Guy Banned From TV considered prog? LOL

Stay close to ze candles!  The staircase...can be treacherous.
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2010 at 20:51

Edited by Slartibartfast - December 25 2010 at 21:11
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>