Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRadiohead's Jonny Greenwood doing a new score.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Radiohead's Jonny Greenwood doing a new score.
    Posted: December 29 2010 at 13:00
"In February 2010, Greenwood debuted a composition entitled "Doghouse" at the BBC’s Maida Vale Studios. In an interview following the performance, Greenwood and conductor Robert Ziegler revealed that the composition would be extrapolated into a score for the upcoming film Norwegian Wood directed by Anh Hung Tran, based on the best-selling novel of the same name by Haruki Murakami. Greenwood described the writing of the piece to the BBC, "I wrote this piece mostly in hotels and dressing rooms while touring with Radiohead. This was more practical than glamorous — lots of time sitting around indoors, lots of instruments about — and aside from picking up a few geographical working titles, I can’t think that it had any effect where, on tour, it was written." The premiere of the entire score took place on 19 March 2010"

This is extremely cool for me, having read the novel 3 times and waiting for a good adaption. Apparently I'm slow on the news, but has anyone else heard about this? Anyone care?
It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.
Dorsalia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2010 at 21:01
I just finished Hard-boiled Wonderland and The End of The World. Very interesting novel. This sounds interesting as well.
"Es ist übrigens unmöglich, eine Meinung zu haben, ohne dass es unerfreuliche Überschneidungen gibt. Die Grünen sind für den deutschen Wald, die NPD ebenfalls."

JonteJH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2011 at 19:35
Loved the There will be blood soundtrack, so i will check this out

http://www.lastfm.se/user/JonteJH
http://soundcloud.com/jontejh
 Post Reply Post Reply