Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDjam Karet Fan's Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2011 at 17:15
Hi,

I guess that Gayle has read this thread ... and he had a funny comment to me on an email ... they don't do the Sonnata format ... (A..B..A) ... they do A .. B.. C .. D .. E .. F .. G ... and so on ... and I have to admit that I really enjoyed that a lot Gayle ... thanks for the wonderful email.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2011 at 18:21
Haven't seen you around these parts in while dude.  Well, your post prompted me to visit their site and now I have three CDs on the way.  Have you heard Herd Of Instinct yet?  I tried just one sample and had to get a copy.
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2011 at 20:04
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

Haven't seen you around these parts in while dude.  Well, your post prompted me to visit their site and now I have three CDs on the way.  Have you heard Herd Of Instinct yet?  I tried just one sample and had to get a copy.

Gayle thanked me heartily for the nice words ... I can't say enough about the music! Words ... not even enough, for me to say what I want to say!

He sent me "The Heavy Soul Sessions" and I have not taken that off the player yet to listen to the other one ... so ... we'll have to wait a little longer and I still have not written the review for "Ukab Maerd" ... trying to find words to describe that album.

I haven't been in these parts because I got tired of dealing with a few of the trolls in this board that call themselves reviewers. So I just post on one or two threads and that's it.

Edited by moshkito - July 29 2011 at 20:17
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2011 at 20:32
Yeah some people on here can be downright rude.  Have you tried jazzmusicarchives yet? 
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2011 at 16:04
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Gayle thanked me heartily for the nice words ... I can't say enough about the music! Words ... not even enough, for me to say what I want to say!

He sent me "The Heavy Soul Sessions" and I have not taken that off the player yet to listen to the other one ... so ... we'll have to wait a little longer and I still have not written the review for "Ukab Maerd" ... trying to find words to describe that album.

I haven't been in these parts because I got tired of dealing with a few of the trolls in this board that call themselves reviewers. So I just post on one or two threads and that's it.

Been a Djam-fan since...1991, more or less? Whenever they issued Burning The Hard City. Now that was a pivotal album for me that year!

Speaking of Ukab Maerd, I'll be spinning The Waiting Room once I've completed my trifecta of [TD's] Phaeda-Rubycon-Stratosfear. Of course, DK are fans of TD, Steve Roach, etc.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2011 at 16:56
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

Been a Djam-fan since...1991, more or less? Whenever they issued Burning The Hard City. Now that was a pivotal album for me that year!

Speaking of Ukab Maerd, I'll be spinning The Waiting Room once I've completed my trifecta of [TD's] Phaeda-Rubycon-Stratosfear. Of course, DK are fans of TD, Steve Roach, etc.

I wish I had known about them back then but they passed me by except for being on one track of a Salvador Dali tribute album along with Roach and Schulze and others.  It wasn't until 2004 that I got into the band proper. 

verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2011 at 15:31
Dali: The Endless Enigma is a classic!
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2011 at 16:28

Yeah some people on here can be downright rude.  Have you tried jazzmusicarchives yet? 

Tried it a couple of times. Not impressed. MOS as is said in radio!

Edited by moshkito - May 17 2013 at 19:11
www.pedrosena.com
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 14:07
Hi,

Thought I would alert you folks that posted here, that this band has a new album. And I think it is worth getting. I have reviewed it and it is posted with the band information on this website.

Thank you Gayle for the wonderful compliment about my review.

Edited by moshkito - May 15 2013 at 14:07
www.pedrosena.com
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 14:24
That's good to hear.  I've just recently been listening again to the albums I have.  Despite the fact that it's an atypical album for them, "Suspension and Displacement" is still one of my favorite ambient albums.  Also been enjoying "Reflections", "Burning", and "Devouring".
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 08:05
Just noticed this thread now and see that I missed it starting up a couple years ago!

Anyway, I first heard them back in '98 or '99, a friends copy of Burning The Hard City.  I borrowed that and Suspension and Displacement from him and loved both albums.  Oddly enough, I only started buying their albums with The Devouring, and I've gotten all as they were released since then.........however, I notice I'm now 3 albums behind Embarrassed  I was fortunate to see them perform at Nearfest 2001.  A really great show, though I wouldn't have minded if they had had a bit more time to play (I think they got about an hour, maybe an hour and a half?  can't recall now).  Someone else mentioned Ascension, and I remember it was available only at Nearfest in limited quantities (don't know if it is more widely available now) and I made sure to get a copy of that along with The Devouring.  Ascension is still one of my favorites by the band, one of those somewhat obscure little gems that doesn't get mentioned usually when this band is discussed.

In any case, great band, great instrumental music.  I need to get their albums before Devouring as I haven't heard them in ages and would love to again (I borrowed all of them from a friend.......only one I haven't heard is No Commercial Potential and Still No Commercial Potential.........and the last 3 releases, as noted).

Moshkito, enjoyed reading your posts.  I usually do, though you seem to create controversy for some reason, I would guess because you are not always clear to some people and seem to veer "off topic".  Personally, this doesn't bother me at all, and I find most of your posts very interesting.  Music IS art, at least at its best anyway.

Edited by infandous - May 17 2013 at 08:09
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 13:33
Btw, Ascension was an extremely limited pressing, so if you're one of the lucky ones to have it, give yourself a hi-5!

infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 14:56
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

Btw, Ascension was an extremely limited pressing, so if you're one of the lucky ones to have it, give yourself a hi-5!

That's what I thought!  Also the reason I got it at the time, as I think it was only $10 (maybe less?)  when I also bought their latest with it, which was New Dark Age.  In any case, I love it.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 19:10

Check out my review of the 2nd CD!

Ohhh yeah!
www.pedrosena.com
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 19:17
Originally posted by infandous infandous wrote:

Moshkito, enjoyed reading your posts.  I usually do, though you seem to create controversy for some reason, I would guess because you are not always clear to some people and seem to veer "off topic".  Personally, this doesn't bother me at all, and I find most of your posts very interesting.  Music IS art, at least at its best anyway.

Thank you.

Art is about displacing people's comfort zones ... and there are times, that even I do not care for some of the work, as it seems to be shock for shock's sakes, but music, these days is stuck in a sort of "public/entertainment" kind of thing (my words) and it's hard to get people to listen to something different ... that is not what they are used to day in and day out ... or as an old friend said once, after 3 minutes ... where's the lyrics?

It's not better to "be told" what it is all about ... we're all people and have our own ideas and thoughts, and to me, that's important.

I wish I knew how to be "simpler" ... it is what it is and what comes out and sometimes even the wording is difficult for me. I'm a mix of three very different cultures, and because I had these changes, the "home culture" does not control me (for lack of better words) when it comes to tastes in the arts ... I've seen more, and different, and sometimes it does not mean that this or that is better ... it's just different, and this has been my point about "progressive" music, the definition of which is highly xenophobic and could even be considered to be ethnocentric ... like it didn't happen anywhere else, and we know that it did!

Edited by moshkito - May 17 2013 at 19:21
www.pedrosena.com
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 16:07
Don't stop Moshikito, I love your style.  Weird and eloquent. Big smile

You should work harder at being purple and clairvoyant.  Just don't go into the closet and suck eggs.  Just saying my friend Tongue

Edited by Slartibartfast - May 18 2013 at 16:17

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2013 at 11:57

You should work harder at being purple and clairvoyant.  Just don't go into the closet and suck eggs.  Just saying my friend Tongue

Hahahaha  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Moshkito, enjoyed reading your posts. I usually do, though you seem to create controversy for some reason, I would guess because you are not always clear to some people and seem to veer "off topic". Personally, this doesn't bother me at all, and I find most of your posts very interesting. Music IS art, at least at its best anyway.

I don't do it on purpose at all ... I'm merely following my inner movie when I am writing, as for me, words are not invisible, or imaginary ideas ... they are all "realities". I can't separate an idea/philosophy from the person ... what would be the point? Idealism? Selfishness? Egoism? Stupidity? ... and this is the part that sometimes is strange to me ... am I being off-kilter and not clear, or is someone just not bothering to read it at all? ... well, you can tell by the answers! I, pretty much, live my ideas ... the only bad one being that sometimes I'm too damn blind to even do some dusting around my place! I need a maid!

Just saying .... Wink

Edited by moshkito - May 19 2013 at 11:59
www.pedrosena.com
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2013 at 10:43
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hahahaha  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Moshkito, enjoyed reading your posts. I usually do, though you seem to create controversy for some reason, I would guess because you are not always clear to some people and seem to veer "off topic". Personally, this doesn't bother me at all, and I find most of your posts very interesting. Music IS art, at least at its best anyway.

I don't do it on purpose at all ... I'm merely following my inner movie when I am writing, as for me, words are not invisible, or imaginary ideas ... they are all "realities". I can't separate an idea/philosophy from the person ... what would be the point? Idealism? Selfishness? Egoism? Stupidity? ... and this is the part that sometimes is strange to me ... am I being off-kilter and not clear, or is someone just not bothering to read it at all? ... well, you can tell by the answers! I, pretty much, live my ideas ... the only bad one being that sometimes I'm too damn blind to even do some dusting around my place! I need a maid!

Just saying .... Wink

I didn't think you did it deliberately (though some on this site obviously do).  Do your own thing and others will like it or not, has always been my view.  Honestly, I sometimes do end up skipping your posts when they are extra long.......but I often do that for other peoples long posts as well Embarrassed  In any case, what I do read is always interesting, and usually makes me think, which is always a good thing.
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2013 at 11:22

Get all excited and go to a yawning festival.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 12:02
Hi. I found DK's  new album and listen. WOW. It is very different album and they show their musical potential in different form and genre.In IRAN you can't find this kind of music easily. But I tried hard to found that and pay too much to buy " The Trip ". I dont want to talk about my personal troubles. I want to say I'm very happy to find and buy "The Trip". Moshkito , I read your review and I enjoy so much. Please forgive me for my poor English. Writing in English is hard for me but I can read very good. Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>