Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLabirinto for Post Rock/Experimental

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Labirinto for Post Rock/Experimental
    Posted: February 21 2011 at 08:45
Labirinto is a brazilian post-rock band. They have released some demos, one Ep and one full lenght. Below, the biography in english found in their official website:

" From São Paulo city, the group was formed in 2003 by the desire and experience of friends whom aimed to work out their musical influences through the composition of instrumental music. Inspired by feature movie scores, experimental music bands & sounds and references that go beyond music itself – like arts, photography and literature -, the compositions look in to create textures and images based vibes: as in a sound track, but casting the listener to come up with the picture and scenario on his own mind.

Labirinto develops sounds, timbres and dynamics that are all equally blended, avoiding the predominance of a unique sound source. Their harmonics constructions – done by guitars, bass and drums, followed by analogic and digital synths, cello, violin, piano e other instruments – prioritize the emotions aroused by running through the whole aesthetic labyrinth.

Labirinto is acknowledged as a pioneer in developing its musical style in Brazil. Their references are based on post-rock, progressive rock, experimentalism, minimalism, classical and Brazilian popular music. After some years of career consolidation, the band is one of the most respected and renowned in the indie scene, getting good reviews from the public and the press. "

More info here: http://www.labirinto.mus.br/labirinto/

The ep (Etéreo) and the full lenght (Anátema) are avaliable for free download. Official website: http://www.labirinto.mus.br/

"Prog is Not Dead and never has been." (Will Sergeant, from Echo And The Bunnymen)
angelmk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2011 at 09:13
Labirinto are already cleared for addition, you can write the bio and add the albums if you like 
www.last.fm/user/angelmk
tupan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2011 at 06:39
Well, but how I add the bio and the albums? I must send the bio for somebody? I've made a search, and cannot find the Labirinto's profile in PA.
"Prog is Not Dead and never has been." (Will Sergeant, from Echo And The Bunnymen)
angelmk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2011 at 07:07
Labirinto don't have profile here on PA. because they are not added yet. 
you write the bio, and send it to me, i'll add it, and after that you can add the albums, it's easy, you just go to artist page here on PA and there is a ADD ALBUMS button on it, just fill the necessary information.   
www.last.fm/user/angelmk
tupan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2011 at 07:33
I've contacted the band, they will send  a bio to me soon.
angelmk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2011 at 10:17
^^ Great Clap
www.last.fm/user/angelmk
 Post Reply Post Reply