Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Krautrock Space

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 545556
Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site and Forum Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2014 at 05:54
My browser is acting all funny and won't let me hear your clip Dave. Nuts, I was really looking forward to some Saturday morning Britkraut adorning the apartment.

So I was looking round different websites for Krautrock releases, and saw (perhaps not too surprisingly) that the term Krautrock is used very loosely throughout the net - on certain occasions describing, what I personally believe to be, glorified synth pop with a motorik groove. Anyways, I've also been so lucky to have stumbled over a sea of releases, that not only aren't featured on PA and probably should be, one of them even sported an old fave of mine that surprise surprise still is making music. 
This is a record from 2013 featuring legendary NEU! member Klaus Dinger......and I have never heard of peep of this collab, NEVER...and I do regularly surf the net for upcoming 'experimental' releasesConfused
Klaus Dinger + Japandorf - Japandorf (2013)
Well at least Klaus still looks like a proper KrautrockerLOL

Edited by Guldbamsen - October 25 2014 at 05:56
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2014 at 02:39
This band was a short-lived side project for Uli Trepte, original bassist for German krautrock band, Guru Guru. 'Bitkicks' was recorded in 1975 and 'discovered' just a few years ago,by Uli. "Schnellbedienung" (English translation: Quick Service) is probably the best cut here, almost fourteen minutes of experimental cosmic madness with elements of jazz clearly intact. "Hacksack Serenade" makes for a good jam session, perhaps improvised. "Psychedelic Review" is an impressive tune that goes on for nearly thirty minutes but it appears that the entire band is completely cutting loose. Better than Trepte's 'Real Time Music' effort. Should appeal to fans of Faust, Ax Genrich, Neu! and maybe SOME fans of Can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkh7cZPbFmY

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 545556
  Share Topic