Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Krautrock Space

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 64>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2012 at 19:39
Originally posted by sagichim sagichim wrote:

Enjoying this quite a lot lately.
Love that record Sagi ! Simple Headphone Mind is an incredible track.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2012 at 19:40
Originally posted by SaltyJon SaltyJon wrote:

Has anyone else in here listened to the newest Electric Orange, XX?  It's really great stuff, 4 side-long jams for the win.
I don't have that one Jon but you've mentioned it before so i should pick it up.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltyJon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2012 at 19:50
Yeah, it seems to have completely gone unnoticed since then, but if you like gigantic slabs of psychedelic jamming you should enjoy it.  
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2012 at 03:06
^ Funny it's the only Electric Orange I listened to. My friend lent it to me since he's into that psych stuff. I see this band is listed under Krautrock but this one is much more psychedelic, ambienty than anything, it's quite easy not something that hits you on the head, 4 long songs around 20 min. Can't say I'm a big fan of that kind of stuff, I'm the kinda guy always waiting for something to happen and the music here is more of going in the same road. So this would appeal to fans of long psychedelic easy jams. Going through the whole album again would be difficult for me.

Sorry if I sounded negative I'm sure a lot of people would like it more than me. Smile
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2012 at 16:34
Like previously with Cornucopia, this obscurity too is situated in the fusion alley here on PA, and while it is decisively more jazzy in scope, I still hear a lot of Krautrock in Dennis' sole album Hyperthalamus:

Hooray for vinylBig smile
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2012 at 16:38

^ Funny it's the only Electric Orange I listened to. My friend lent it to me since he's into that psych stuff. I see this band is listed under Krautrock but this one is much more psychedelic, ambienty than anything, it's quite easy not something that hits you on the head, 4 long songs around 20 min. Can't say I'm a big fan of that kind of stuff, I'm the kinda guy always waiting for something to happen and the music here is more of going in the same road. So this would appeal to fans of long psychedelic easy jams. Going through the whole album again would be difficult for me.

Sorry if I sounded negative I'm sure a lot of people would like it more than me. Smile

Sounds to me like you're in need of some ExmagmaBig smile
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2012 at 02:32
^ Good reminder, I have both their albums. Quite an obscure jam, a lot of influences, very good experimental fusion I'd say. That Goldball cover always cracked me up, they must be standing on something right? if not than they are the real Gentle Giants LOL.

Oh and that Dennis 20 minutes track was superb, you are full of surprises my friend. Loved that atmosphere and every bit of that saxophone. Oh and that synth on the 15 minute mark! can't get enough of that stuff. Damn that sh*ty quality though!
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2012 at 13:03
GLORIA'S CHILDREN - Schatten. SOFT KRAUT ?

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2012 at 14:10

^ Good reminder, I have both their albums. Quite an obscure jam, a lot of influences, very good experimental fusion I'd say. That Goldball cover always cracked me up, they must be standing on something right? if not than they are the real Gentle Giants LOL.

Oh and that Dennis 20 minutes track was superb, you are full of surprises my friend. Loved that atmosphere and every bit of that saxophone. Oh and that synth on the 15 minute mark! can't get enough of that stuff. Damn that sh*ty quality though!

I love those two Exmagma albums as well. Something like a Zappa album on acidLOL and yeah, they must surely be standing on some kind of stilts!

I'm glad you liked that Dennis track - I too would like to hear it cleaned up - though not entirely. I hate when music gets sterile, like it was recorded in a freakin vacuum.

- Douglas Adams
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2012 at 00:40
^ I'm sure the vinyl sounds good, it's the utube quality that bothers me.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2012 at 03:48
Don't know why, but I've always felt a light influence of Kraut in the "post punk" first album of Marquis de Sade.(1979) You tell me.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2012 at 06:26
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO
ALL KRAUTROCKERS !

ART FLEURY : I LUOGHI DEL POTERE (1980)

This strange and fascinating record to end the year, mix of avant garde, folk, kraut, ambient ... etc. Love it  Heart 

Ady Cardiac View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ady Cardiac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2013 at 12:10
i've only recenntly got into krautrock.....i've only just got Cans Tago Mago today....probably my first krautrock record......really like it......not sure where to go or what the best can album is for a newbie like myself is.....so any ideas i would welcome greatly.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2013 at 12:13
Try FUTURE DAYS. Awesome record !
Mosis View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2013 at 20:28
just dropping in to say that this is my favourite thread on any forum ever. i'm listening to tago mago right now for the first time in years and i'm just being blown away. jaki liebezeit is an incredible drummer. pure, unadulterated genius.
there's no such thing as "progressive music"
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2013 at 21:04
I stopped by a "Progressive Rock" discussion group on another forum,  and I started talking about Krautrock and all those guys turned their noses up at me, like I was talking about punk or something.   Apparently Krautrock is not universally loved by prog fans.  I'm glad it's still valued at PA.

Edited by HolyMoly - January 11 2013 at 21:04
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2013 at 03:16
^ A prog forum that doesn't appreciate any Kraut??  Ermm
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltyJon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2013 at 11:54
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

I stopped by a "Progressive Rock" discussion group on another forum,  and I started talking about Krautrock and all those guys turned their noses up at me, like I was talking about punk or something.   Apparently Krautrock is not universally loved by prog fans.  I'm glad it's still valued at PA.

If Krautrock wasn't appreciated here, about half the genres I like wouldn't be appreciated here.  If there was a forum mainly focused on Krautrock and RIO/Avant, that'd be the place to be. Wink
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2013 at 12:16
Originally posted by Mosis Mosis wrote:

just dropping in to say that this is my favourite thread on any forum ever. i'm listening to tago mago right now for the first time in years and i'm just being blown away. jaki liebezeit is an incredible drummer. pure, unadulterated genius.

Big smileBig smileBig smile
YAY! Another one gets lured into the freaky waters of Krautrock. By this rate, we'll be some 45 fans in a jiffy!

Big welcome to the madness mister Mosis - ask us anything, and I promise you we'll do our very best to confuse youTongue

Edited by Guldbamsen - January 12 2013 at 12:16

- Douglas Adams
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2013 at 15:40
The world needs more Krautrock fiends LOL - what's not to like ??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 64>