This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2011 at 13:01
Originally posted by SaltyJon SaltyJon wrote:

Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

^I love Yamato Gensho, it's beautiful, but then I like more traditional Japanese music very much.  That, Osorezan..., which I consider to be one of my best finds of the last few years, and the Symphonic Suite Akira, while all very different are my favourite albums by GY thus far.

I really like the one I started last night (the all-vocal folk music type material), and Osorezan, and I'm enjoying the track Yamashiro-bushi 'Tanuki', it's on Youtube in two parts.  Unfortunately, the album doesn't seem to be available for less than $50.

You don't mean Chi No Hibiki, do you, which is on the classical vocal music side?  That\s my daughter's fave of them, and I like it a lot. 

The LP is quite collectible, but 50 for a CD is quite exorbitant.  If only one could find such albums cheap in used record shops (maybe in Japan one could -- I so wish to go back to Japan).

Edited by Logan - March 03 2011 at 13:02
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2011 at 13:04

^I love Yamato Gensho, it's beautiful, but then I like more traditional Japanese music very much.  That, Osorezan..., which I consider to be one of my best finds of the last few years, and the Symphonic Suite Akira, while all very different are my favourite albums by GY thus far.

I really like the one I started last night (the all-vocal folk music type material), and Osorezan, and I'm enjoying the track Yamashiro-bushi 'Tanuki', it's on Youtube in two parts.  Unfortunately, the album doesn't seem to be available for less than $50.

You don't mean Chi No Hibiki, do you, which is on the classical vocal music side?  That\s my daughter's fave of them, and I like it a lot. 

The LP is quite collectible, but 50 for a CD is quite exorbitant.  If only one could find such albums cheap in used record shops (maybe in Japan one could -- I so wish to go back to Japan).

Yeah, Chi No Hibiki.  I haven't heard anything from the group I haven't enjoyed yet, and I found them through your finding of Osorezan.  Yet another band I have you to thank for. Wink
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2011 at 13:22

Yeah, Chi No Hibiki.  I haven't heard anything from the group I haven't enjoyed yet, and I found them through your finding of Osorezan.  Yet another band I have you to thank for. Wink

Thanks; Ive received lots of great recommendations from people in my time here (many of my faves were recommended to me via PM  -- lots by Christer, where is he? * listening to Egisto Macchi's wonderful Futurissimo again right now* -- but people have been so helpful at PA that I owe the membership a great debt of gratitude).  I discovered Osorezan thanks to a google search looking for choral chant jazz psyche albums after re-discovering William Sheller's Lux Aeterna, which led me to this topic full of great albums (some I knew already, and some I didn't), but I suggested various of them for PA inclusion: http://www.verygoodplus.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18042  I really want to buy another Osorezan mentioned in that topic, Minoru Muroaka Osorezan Suite (wonder if Keishiro knows it)..

Edited by Logan - March 03 2011 at 13:25
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2011 at 13:49
I've bookmarked that thread, hopefully I'll get to check out some of the other albums recommended there.  
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2011 at 14:01

I've bookmarked that thread, hopefully I'll get to check out some of the other albums recommended there.  

Since Ürizen is mentioned in the poll list, and David Axelrod (a fave of mine who was quite recently added to Crossover -- NOT the political consultant of the same name) is mentioned in that topic, here's a youtube track to go with this poll.  I love the album it's off (Song of Innocence - 1968).  I've been playing his Earth Rot the most of late (an interesting concept album about environmental destruction which I find beautiful and mildly humorous for its religious like polemics andgospel  feel (has a similar sound to Jesus Christ SUperstar, and an album I like very much which is also mentioned in that topic,Lalo Schifrin's Rock Requiem, which that was a  popular avenue to explore during the Jesus Freak glory days).  Of course I am very concerned about environmental destruction/ degradation).

And just for the heck of it, this is what turned me onto Axelrod. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4822nQQPvmE I\m very into such music.

Edited by Logan - March 03 2011 at 14:11
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2011 at 14:43
For those that don't know it, the track which has 37.5%  of the votes and is one of my favourite Area tracks:

Love it.

Wonder if a YYZ vs. ZYG poll has been done before (I could entitle the thread Rush to the Rest-Room Area).

Edited by Logan - March 03 2011 at 14:45
akaBona View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2011 at 11:59
some of the unfamiliar to me. voted Magma.
akamaisondufromage View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2011 at 12:25

I love you Mr Pixie
I love you
All I want to do is to be you oooooooooo!

Zero the Hero

Haven't heard all though so I apologise = Sorry

Help me I'm falling!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12